Celebrity Reflection B2B 12/4 - 12/11 - 12/18

DaKahuna

We were on the Reflection in November. The first sailing in 600 days. Everything was perfect. The crew was very happy to have us aboard. Our room steward couldn’t do enough for us. The week flew by. I am ready for another!

• Like 1

Today was a very relaxing day at sea.  These ate my favorite days.

We had room service breakfast and as has been our experience in the past, the coffee was not to our liking.  My wife commented on the lack of some condiments that she likes and my only response was, you can ask for those in the restaurant.  This will most likely be our last room service breakfast.  I mentioned earlier about going yo Cafe al Bacio prior to breakfast. 

Lunch in the Luminae was excellent as always.  I ordered the crab cake sandwich and my wife ordered the vegetarian pancit.  She took one bit and commented about how spicy it was.  Fortunately I had cut my sandwich in half so we were able to swap plates.  I enjoyed the pancit but would have preferred some meat with it.  

After lunch we walked around the ship and managed to make it yo to the solarium but just  walked through before heading back to the room.  We opened a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc that came with the room and sat on the balcony until I decided to take a nap.

I woke up when our personal retreat host delivered a cheese and fruit plat with shrimp cocktail added.  We had told him that we preferred these to the typical afternoon canapés.

Enjoyed our snacks and watched some football prior to getting ready for dinner in Luminae.

Dinner was unusual from the standpoint that the only thing ordered off the Luminae menu was my wife’s Alaskan Halibut.  I choose the Lamb from the MDR instead of the lamb from Luminae. It was good.

Shiraz, our sommelier had recommended a Shiraz to accompany the lamb but I asked for the Alta Vista Malbec instead.  Turns out he was correct so I had the Australian Shiraz he recommended and it paired very well.  He also came over before desert and informed me that he had just opened a bottle of 20 year port and offered me a glass.  I am not normally a port wine drinker but this did hit the pallet very well. 

After dinner we went to the Ensemble Lounge and listened to the dance quartet Current Groove, who were doing a tribute to The Beatles and they were followed by Opalira, an acoustic duo.   We enjoyed both and found the answer I had been asking myself - why were there five members to the quartet.  Turns out the singer from the acoustic duo had joined with them. 

At that point we decided to call it an early night and came back to the room. 

I will apologize now for how boring this may seem but I must warn you, i do not see it getting more adventurous going forward.

a couple of side notes.  (1) There was no wrist bands or anything provided to us.  No one on the ship is wearing wrist bands.  (2). We hardly ever wear our masks.  The most people in an elevator we have been in was six and we donned our mask when getting into an elevator whenever we are not alone. (3) We have not experienced a wait at any venue thus far for anything. 

Tomorrow is a port day in Costa Maiya.  We are not taking any excursions and plan to stay very close to the port area if we venture off ship.  We are planning to have our lunch at Sushi on Five. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I choose the Lamb from the MDR instead of the lamb from Luminae. It was good.

I will apologize now for how boring this may seem but I must warn you, i do not see it getting more adventurous going forward.

Did you get the pulled lamb shank in phyllo (MDR) instead of the lamb loin (Luminae)?  Those two seem to coincide between the MDR and Luminae.

If you did, you made the right choice!  We scored the recipe for the pulled-in-phyllo version, but it starts with 20 LBS of lamb bones (to serve 50) - just to make the stock.  We're going to have to do some creative scaling.  One of the nicest lamb dishes we've had aboard.

20211110_204747-2.thumb.jpg.57e8f333343e9bfac6ff7f946fde54da.jpg

No need for any more 'adventure' here than you're willing to generate there!

Edited by canderson

13 hours ago, canderson said:

Did you get the pulled lamb shank in phyllo (MDR) instead of the lamb loin (Luminae)?  Those two seem to coincide between the MDR and Luminae.

No, this was the MDR Roasted Colorado Rack of lamb and the Liminae Fenel Crusted Lamb Loin. 

i will try the Fenel Crusted next week 🙂

99309271-63A7-4051-BA27-6E2B5C4B586A.thumb.jpeg.a59d8e156042dbe0b57cc5cabfc95321.jpegToday is Porta Costa Maya.  After a relaxing breakfast in Luminae, who needs more pictures of omelets, we walked ashore to the shops in the port area.  

something I have seen a few times and decided to finally was the piranha fish — they apparently do a good job.

As been in reported elsewhere, Celebrity has discontinued the “Drinks & More” package.  We had ordered it months ago before it was discontinued.  Unfortunately, they ran out of Pringles so I was not able to have any of those.  However, our Personal Retreat Host said he would be happy to deliver a bowl of potato chips anytime we wanted! 

we are headed to Sushi on Five for lunch. 

575B77F4-1314-4884-AFC4-112B112D5A1D.jpeg

9ACE3AAE-6C5A-48C9-B0FF-EAAE214AC712.jpeg

E90883C7-D904-4DB6-9C54-AF989BF39EDF.jpeg

F595F784-86D4-496B-BDCD-54D1FAD14EB2.jpeg

DEEBC86E-1FBA-4675-9663-7EED4C1DC9DC.jpeg

53C85879-57DC-4E57-B255-2CB550148D54.jpeg

AAE12606-4734-45DE-A0D5-F37A98E9BB68.jpeg

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

No, this was the MDR Roasted Colorado Rack of lamb and the Liminae Fenel Crusted Lamb Loin. 

i will try the Fenel Crusted next week 🙂

YUM!  Yes, asked for 4!

20211114_184510.jpg

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1

Can you ask the retreat concierge whether you can still use the form to designate tips using non refundable OBC for the retreat host, stateroom attendants and individual Luminae staff. I was able to do in September on the Millennium. We are doing a b2b in late Jan/early Feb on the Reflection and have a TON OF OBC.

24 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

Can you ask the retreat concierge whether you can still use the form to designate tips using non refundable OBC for the retreat host, stateroom attendants and individual Luminae staff. I was able to do in September on the Millennium. We are doing a b2b in late Jan/early Feb on the Reflection and have a TON OF OBC.

I will ask and get an answer for you. 

Shiraz was our sommelier in Luminae on the Summit (2018) and Constellation (2019) and was great! Glad to know he’s on the Reflection now, but tell him to move to the Apex by June so we can sail with him again (lol)! Enjoy...he’ll take excellent care of you.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cruzzzinma said:

Yes, it is still possible. 

6 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Thank you for the information about next weeks numbers. I have been trying to respond to you, but cruise critic has been having issues again and couldn’t respond until now. See you on board on Saturday!

No worries.  Was talking with the Retreat Concierge and they have 58 suites booked for next week.  He will get back to back numbers tomorrow. 

Another example of Celebrity’s move further into technology We found this in our stateroom this evening.  I scanned it but found no way to indicate that we are on a B2B so I did not complete the form.

Questions are stateroom, first & last name, which airport (FLL or MIA), time, and whether or not you want to sign up for Celebrity shuttle service. 

According to tomorrow’s Cruise Planner guest have until 10 pm on the 9th to complete. 

8C9EA3D0-44FE-445C-8E24-D61037A3F261.jpeg

Edited by DaKahuna

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Another example of Celebrity’s move further into technology We found this in our stateroom this evening.  I scanned it but found no way to indicate that we are on a B2B so I did not complete the form.

Questions are stateroom, first & last name, which airport (FLL or MIA), time, and whether or not you want to sign up for Celebrity shuttle service. 

According to tomorrow’s Cruise Planner guest have until 10 pm on the 9th to complete. 

8C9EA3D0-44FE-445C-8E24-D61037A3F261.jpeg

We aren't technology smart. How do you scan that for information? Do you need a special app? 

Thank you

53 minutes ago, pooh/tigger said:

We aren't technology smart. How do you scan that for information? Do you need a special app? 

Thank you

The image you see is a QR, or Quick Response, code.  I used the QR Reader app on my iPhone or iPad to scan. 

2 hours ago, pooh/tigger said:

Thank you

If you have an iPhone, just open the Camera app, point the camera at the QR Code. A banner will pop up for you to click and it will take you to the right page in the web browser.

3 weeks ago on Apex, there was a fellow passenger (older gentleman) who was waiting in a line at the iLounge. There was a big QR Code on the screen with the instruction that will help the passenger to set up WiFi. Poor guy kept pointing the camera for good 3 minutes before I went over and pointed to the banner to click. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Ugh! See that the Reflection is yellow. Have they announced if there are positive Covid cases on board?

It is my understanding that this is done anytime there is crew in quarantine.  I understand there is crew in quarantine onboard.  We met the Maitre’d for Luminae for the first tome this evening.  He just returned from vacation and had been in quarantine until yoday. 

There have been no reports of COVID onboard.