Haven or Haven Spa?

tafawke

Location Location Location. I would pick the Haven courtyard suite and still buy a spa pass 😁  I stayed outside the Haven in a forward suite on Getaway.  While the suite was beautiful and large, I felt like an outsider in the Haven. People rationalize their walking far distances to the Haven to justify their less expensive suite.  Its not worth it IMHO.  Ask yourself, do you want to stay at a resort that is on the beach or stay 3 blocks away and walk to the beach every day.  You will be steps from the Haven restaurant, pool, and sundeck.   

However if you plan to use the spa more than the Haven facilities then pick the spa suite.

1 hour ago, tafawke said:

If you had a choice of a possible upgrade to Haven Courtyard or definitely pay for a Haven Spa... what are the pros and cons... on Breakaway...

If these are bids then bid in both and hope you win one of them. 

If it is you upgrading yourself then for me, it's about the cost. For every individual who says it's location, another should say it doesn't matter. The courtyard will probably be more expensive but you never know. Sometimes it's boils down to supply and demand. With the haven spa, you will get the spa pass included in the cost 

I have never stayed in the haven area but I do stay in a haven cabin. I'm not bothered about the distance and treat it like another location on the ship I have access to. We have never felt we were less of a haven guest staying outside.

• Like 3

I think some of the other posters have missed  that your getting a suite in the Haven Courtyard appears to be only an upgrade possibility, not something you're actually booking.  We've had Haven Spa Suites on BA a couple of times and I would take the certainty of having the Spa Suite over only the possibility of a Haven Courtyard Suite. Why risk not having the Haven experience...it's really worth it on the big ships like BA.

It's no big deal to get from your Spa Suite to the Haven. The Haven Courtyard is two decks directly above where the Spa Suites are. No walking large distances fore or aft required, just a quick walk up the stairs or in the elevator.

Edited by njhorseman

We love the Haven Spa suites, and don't think it is any big deal to walk to the Haven. On one cruise, there were quite a few loud kids in the Haven pool area, and we were glad to be at a remove from the extra noise. 

On the Away class ships, we LOVE the spa.. spend hours there! Wherever you end up, don't give up the spa!

On 12/4/2021 at 2:21 PM, tafawke said:

If you had a choice of a possible upgrade to Haven Courtyard or definitely pay for a Haven Spa... what are the pros and cons... on Breakaway...

If you are choosing between possibly staying in the Haven if you do a Courtyard room or definitely staying in the Haven if you do a Spa room - then I definitely would choose the Spa room. We've stayed in the spa room twice and we loved it. It was the cheapest Haven room that gave us access to the Haven and the Spa. Can't beat that! I've stayed in the Haven area and outside. I never felt like an outsider. 

On 12/4/2021 at 2:21 PM, tafawke said:

The courtyard rooms are small. We would always take a Haven Spa, given the choice. Plus the Spa room gives you more space for less money. 

About 1/3 of the Haven rooms are not in the Haven complex. So, it it not like you are alone out there in you fancy room near the spa. 

This was our H9 Haven Spa room on the Breakaway 

image.png.692d098bd29e244eac7fe770f6c3cc12.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1