Anyone currently on Breakaway 12/4?

wolft927

Just now, The Traveling Man said:

Because it crossed that magic threshold of 10 cases.  That's what triggered the extra attention.

There is no such threshold unless something has changed. The CDC threshold is 1.5% which would be a lot more than 10.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

There is no such threshold unless something has changed. The CDC threshold is 1.5% which would be a lot more than 10.

We don't know yet how many additional positives they found when they tested everyone, do we?

• Like 1

Just now, missnd said:

We don't know yet how many additional positives they found when they tested everyone, do we?

That number would have been known yesterday (all tests were completed then) . So let's just say they found a ton of cases, NCL would have known then they would have be having a potential CDC threshold issue. 

1 minute ago, Fredric22 said:

That number would have been known yesterday (all tests were completed then) . So let's just say they found a ton of cases, NCL would have known then they would have be having a potential CDC threshold issue. 

no not true m it was just a few hours ago completed as far as all pax disembarking  

26 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

How would they test everyone on board right away yesterday , it was said only those that were in close contact with the others infected . 

They did it deck by deck yesterday in the dining room. That's what happened so I'm not sure what else to tell you. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, seaman11 said:

How would they test everyone on board right away yesterday , it was said only those that were in close contact with the others infected . 

We were on the Epic a month ago.  They tested all the passengers, about 1800 as I recall, in about six hours on our last sea day.  I think there were three nurses stations, and the swab took less than a minute.  A real production line operation.  We didn't have to wait for our results.  If anyone had tested positive they would have been notified that evening before departure the next day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

They did it deck by deck yesterday in the dining room. That's what happened so I'm not sure what else to tell you. 🤷‍♂️

How do you explain the 9 addition cases in todays report if everyone was tested yesterday and 10 were reported?

17 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

How do you explain the 9 addition cases in todays report if everyone was tested yesterday and 10 were reported?

I'm pretty sure that yesterday's testing was arranged because of the 10 positive cases. There were about 50 people who were on a back to back cruise who were tested originally. The group of 10 was found at that time. Because of that the whole ship was tested. In the end, according to the news, 7 more people were identified with positive tests. One of them, a crew member, was positive for the omicron variant. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cheshyrkat said:

I'm pretty sure that yesterday's testing was arranged because of the 10 positive cases. There were about 50 people who were on a back to back cruise who were tested originally. The group of 10 was found at that time. Because of that the whole ship was tested. In the end, according to the news, 7 more people were identified with positive tests. One of them, a crew member, was positive for the omicron variant. 

So the group of ten that testes positive was all from the same traveling party?

4 minutes ago, cheshyrkat said:

But thats what I was saying, the whole ship was not tested at that time yesterday only the ones in close contact with the positive cases.  later they tested everyone before they could disembark,

10 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

But thats what I was saying, the whole ship was not tested at that time yesterday only the ones in close contact with the positive cases.  later they tested everyone before they could disembark,

I'm not sure why you keep repeating the wrong information. 🤷‍♂️🤣

11 hours ago, seaman11 said:

The first 10 were not first tested the last day of the cruise when the whole ship was tested. They were tested EARLIER. 

• Like 1

Read rumor that masking onboard was going to be required on this cruise, 12-05-21, since the "outbreak", anyone onboard??  Anyone think NCL will change protocols?  Have a cruise out of LA next month,, a little concerned, not really for masking but about testing once onboard, those antigen tests really are for people with symptoms for the best accuracy, dont want to get stuck in quarantine/isolation if not necessary.