Seashore Booking Disappeared

miataman19

I know that the awesome (tongue in cheek) MSC website isn't the most reliable but has anyone had their future sailing just disappear? I know this happened recently when Meraviglia had an itinerary change and cabins went to Guarantee status.  But mine only disappeared for about 12 hrs. My Seashore sailing in June 2022 has been gone for about 3 days. Waited to post to see if it would magically reappear but as of now no such luck. I'll give them a call later. Sometimes I wonder if MSC does this on purpose just to give us something to talk about on these boards...lol

• Thanks 1

OK, here we go. It's the June 18, 2022 sailing. Just went online to check that the sailing date is still available. It is, and my Yacht Club Interior, 19019, is available to book. My Meraviglia booking for January 9, 2022 is still there but is now telling me my information is not complete. Last week everything was fine.

Edited by miataman19

14 hours ago, miataman19 said:

It's the June 18, 2022 sailing. Just went online to check that the sailing date is still available. It is, and my Yacht Club Interior, 19019, is available to book.

If you are firm on wanting that specific stateroom, you should call ASAP with your original reservation number and the date that it was created.

As someone who is rather particular about their stateroom, I make sure that I keep what I book (not easily done with MSC).

7 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If you are firm on wanting that specific stateroom, you should call ASAP with your original reservation number and the date that it was created.

As someone who is rather particular about their stateroom, I make sure that I keep what I book (not easily done with MSC).

On the phone with a rep that knew her stuff this morning. I had originally booked the June 18, 2022 sailing, Seashore, on their website. Sailed on the Meraviglia on Oct, 2nd 2021. Saw at the Future Cruise desk that they were offering $200 OBC and double points for future sailings. Had to book the Seashore cruise again with her and then when I got home cancel the original booking that I made online, she couldn't do it on the ship. So, I had to make another $199 deposit with her. When I got home I cancelled the original booking. The deposit for that one would have to be refunded. That rep said I have to call back in about 2 weeks to get that refund, too busy he said. Sooo, I called back on December 1st to get the refund, they couldn't give me OBC or deduct from the Seashore sailing, the rep issued the refund on the cancelled sailing, will get that in about 30-60 days. All good.......NOT!!!....He issued the refund on the newly booked sailing that I made on the ship, not the already canceled sailing I made online.. That's why my booking disappeared. I had all my information and booking numbers for the Rep this morning and with the help of some back office folks she got it straightened out. As of now I'm in a handicapped cabin #18028. I might keep that one if it's not needed for a handicapped cruiser. So, that's what happened....Another day in paradise..lol

Edited by miataman19

2 hours ago, miataman19 said:

On the phone with a rep that knew her stuff this morning. I had originally booked the June 18, 2022 sailing, Seashore, on their website. Sailed on the Meraviglia on Oct, 2nd 2021. Saw at the Future Cruise desk that they were offering $200 OBC and double points for future sailings. Had to book the Seashore cruise again with her and then when I got home cancel the original booking that I made online, she couldn't do it on the ship. So, I had to make another $199 deposit with her. When I got home I cancelled the original booking. The deposit for that one would have to be refunded. That rep said I have to call back in about 2 weeks to get that refund, too busy he said. Sooo, I called back on December 1st to get the refund, they couldn't give me OBC or deduct from the Seashore sailing, the rep issued the refund on the cancelled sailing, will get that in about 30-60 days. All good.......NOT!!!....He issued the refund on the newly booked sailing that I made on the ship, not the already canceled sailing I made online.. That's why my booking disappeared. I had all my information and booking numbers for the Rep this morning and with the help of some back office folks she got it straightened out. As of now I'm in a handicapped cabin #18028. I might keep that one if it's not needed for a handicapped cruiser. So, that's what happened....Another day in paradise..lol

Yikes 🤦🏻‍♀️

2 hours ago, miataman19 said:

As of now I'm in a handicapped cabin #18028. I might keep that one if it's not needed for a handicapped cruiser.

I think that you should move now and since your original stateroom is still available (19019), you can ask for that one. If you stay in 18028, a person who needs that stateroom won't see it as available. As of now, there is only 1 other wheelchair accessible interior YC stateroom left for that sailing.  

Edited by Two Wheels Only

• 1 year later...
On 12/6/2021 at 7:54 PM, miataman19 said:

OK, here we go. It's the June 18, 2022 sailing. Just went online to check that the sailing date is still available. It is, and my Yacht Club Interior, 19019, is available to book. My Meraviglia booking for January 9, 2022 is still there but is now telling me my information is not complete. Last week everything was fine.

Did you get room 19019? I'm reviving an old thread because I just booked this cabin and wondering how noisy it was because I couldn't figure out what's above.

36 minutes ago, xcell said:

Did you get room 19019? I'm reviving an old thread because I just booked this cabin and wondering how noisy it was because I couldn't figure out what's above.

You might get his attention if you post on the Seaside roll call for September 17.  EM