Refunds on cruise cancelled past final payment

MoCruiseFan

We booked a cruise through CAS and now (about a week before we sail) one person might have to cancel (family medical issues).  He is passenger #4 of 4 on our cruise confirmation.  WHat we paid for his cruise is as follows...

77.84    Admin Fee (CAS Cruise Fare)
166.70  Taxes/Port Fees
108.50  Prepaid DSC
178.80  7-Meal Specialty Dining

Which is a total of less than $525 for a 7-day Caribbean cruise in a S4 suite.  Anyway the question is, will any of this be refunded even at this late date?  I m guessing that at the very least, if/when we cancel the dining package we will get that money back, probably the prepaid DSC as well. Any input is welcome.

Thanks

• Like 1

You will want to contact NCL and see what they can do.  They do consider removing / adding passengers as cancellation and subject to cancellation fees BUT in the past I have been able to get my PVP to add remove with no issue other than don’t do it again type of warning.  So call and be prepared.  Unfortunately also be prepared for a different answer when you call back to NCL as I am finding there is a trend where one person will do it but the next person will cite the rules and not do it.  Good luck and I am sorry to hear about the family situation.

• Like 1

This thread got my attention since I am in a sort of similar situation.

Am supposed to sail Sunday. However, my dad was just admitted to the hospital and they are talking hospice. Things are moving quickly. I am going to have to postpone this cruise. 

I don't see this as a coverable reason from my travel insurance (since he was not part of our traveling party). 

Not a CAS booking - just standard.  
Is any of our booking recoverable?  Even if it is only FCC?

I am waiting on a call from our PCC but thought I would ask to see if anyone here knew the answer for these current times.

• Like 1

I don't believe dropping the 4th person is considered re-booking and you should get back the per-person fees.  Probably not the admin fees.

I've added a person by just paying taxes and dsc.

They can always be a no-show if you don't want to mess with the reservation.  Port fees don't belong to NCL so have to be refunded.  But I believe the other fees would also be refunded.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, krittykat said:

This thread got my attention since I am in a sort of similar situation.

Am supposed to sail Sunday. However, my dad was just admitted to the hospital and they are talking hospice. Things are moving quickly. I am going to have to postpone this cruise. 

I don't see this as a coverable reason from my travel insurance (since he was not part of our traveling party). 

Not a CAS booking - just standard.  
Is any of our booking recoverable?  Even if it is only FCC?

I am waiting on a call from our PCC but thought I would ask to see if anyone here knew the answer for these current times.

I don’t know what kind of insurance you have, but sickness of a family member is usually a covered reason even if not traveling with you. 

Sorry your father is ill. 

Edited by Babr

20 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

We booked a cruise through CAS and now (about a week before we sail) one person might have to cancel (family medical issues).  He is passenger #4 of 4 on our cruise confirmation.  WHat we paid for his cruise is as follows...

77.84    Admin Fee (CAS Cruise Fare)
166.70  Taxes/Port Fees
108.50  Prepaid DSC
178.80  7-Meal Specialty Dining

Which is a total of less than $525 for a 7-day Caribbean cruise in a S4 suite.  Anyway the question is, will any of this be refunded even at this late date?  I m guessing that at the very least, if/when we cancel the dining package we will get that money back, probably the prepaid DSC as well. Any input is welcome.

Thanks

wow. those are very great prices. 

From what I have been told about this from my PPC/ NCL helpdesk is that if you remove someone completely it is basically a "rebook".    For myself, the situation was with the 4th person in the room.  Thus really they were free except for taxes and port fee's, and beverage service charge.   I was advised to leave booking alone.   Show-up to the peer advise the person could not go.   Get on the ship and have daily service charge adjusted.  After the cruise request a refund for the other items ( except the main fair)

Hope that helps

• Like 1

That is what I have been told too when the 3rd 4th sail free.  The add ons are easy to get rid of onboard.  The gratuity can be adjusted off.  The only thing you will have to fight for will be the port fees and expenses and the admin fees and I don’t know if they will refund that or issue FCC if insurance is purchased with NCL.

On 12/8/2021 at 6:04 PM, Babr said:

I don’t know what kind of insurance you have, but sickness of a family member is usually a covered reason even if not traveling with you. 

Sorry your father is ill. 

Thanks.

Put in a claim. We shall see what comes of it.  Not going to hold my breath but if they deny..NCL will give us 75 percent in FCC.  Since we have another cruise planned in Oct...it is better than nothing.

• Like 1