Suite Lounge

COCKYMARK

On 12/9/2021 at 10:57 AM, topnole said:

We have also had similar experiences.  Thats why I say it can vary by ship or concierge.  I much prefer the experiences  we had that were like yours.  You can imagine how we felt the time mentioned above. Compare this to a suite lounge concierge who surprised our daughter with a new build a bear (or whatever brand is on Royal) during the cruise among so many other sweet things she did.  

I completely agree. The Concierge and the staff in the suite lounge can completely make or break the experience.  We've had excellent experiences, and then so-so.  But thankfully we've never had a concierge take our drinks away!!

🙂 amcb

On 12/9/2021 at 1:10 PM, topnole said:

Nowadays that is a small ship.  Not long ago it was a big ship.  

I think it varies a lot (or used to) based on the concierge and the ship.  I remember on Navigator (maybe 10 years back) when the concierge would not let anyone leave with a drink.  We weren’t diamond yet and weren’t familiar with the lounge policies as I recall.  I think it was our fist time in a suite on Royal.  We went in and had a drink.  Ordered another, had a few sips and walked out to go wherever we were going.  It was a small and uninviting place.  

Outside the door the concierge took our drinks from us and said you can’t leave with them. He was out there monitoring. We were in a bit of shock given what we paid for our suite.  It was pretty ridiculous given he just threw away my beer.  Granted all of this was back when diamond (or diamond plus) got you into the lounge too.  So maybe that was part of it.  

I would have been angry. That is ridiculous and petty (given the price of suites and the small window of time RCL gives suite guests to get gratis drinks). Here is hoping we never get that kind of concierge. Those like Dexter in Allure who are protective of guests are too rare (and he just left the position as we were leaving a few weeks ago to become a Genie of all things).

Edited by AlohaLivin

There was a period of time - 12 years ago, but I'm not sure how long on either side of that number - the concierges were instructed by HQ that they were RESPONSIBLE FOR THE GLASSWARE IN THE LOUNGE.  Yup, that's why they wouldn't let us carry out the drinks.  So our concierge kept a stack of coffee cups on his desk, and you would just pour your drink into the coffee cup and be on your merry way.

Much more recently, a few concierges, notably on the Rhapsody, stopped everyone from carrying drinks out of the lounge.  There were many pictures posted here of the "counter" that leads into the room with long lines of glasses on it.  😉

P.S.  We soon learned that cognac eats its way through the cardboard coffee cups quite quickly.  We would fill the cardboard cup with cognac (did I say FILL? 😉 )  and run back to our suite where there were nice glasses, and pour it into the glasses, and spend our evening sipping on our cognac.

P.P.S.  If you see ring stains on the piano in the Schooner Bar on the Mariner.................oops.  😄 

• Like 2