Has Europa World Class Shrunk?

London-Calling

Unless something has changed on the last 2 years... It is now too late to make such a decision like that for a ship that is way under construction!... Maybe: Someone has confused actual tonnage with gross tonnage, and even at that they did their accounting in a very sad matter, to say the least!... Today is not all fools day, or is it???!!!...

Now: Another question is on whether the World 2, 3 and 4 will be made of the same prototype or replaced by what seems to be a Fantasia+ one at 153 gross tonnes? That only time will tell, and that might to be exactly true. I believe the world Europa to be a class of its own on the current post pandemic far low market situation. that way they'd to secure the very valuable shipyard slots, while bringing a commercially far more realistic class of ships, maybe with a 5th one on the making to compensate at the contract's maturity.

Have a nice day!...

Edited by Nunagoras

On 12/11/2021 at 4:05 PM, sidari said:

205,000 will be Gross tonnage, no idea where the lower one came from.

I think MSC has flip-flopped on this a couple of times.  Currently the website says 205k gross tonnes.  However, it wasn't always that way....

https://web.archive.org/web/20210531133839/https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/ships/msc-world-europa

Scroll all the way to the bottom.

MSC IT STRIKES AGAIN!

Edited by ocdb8r

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 12:24 AM, London-Calling said:

Thanks ocdb6r, so which figure is correct?

Different MSC web sites have different figures!

I believe the larger number is correct as they've corrected it in most places on their websites.  That, combined with the fact the smaller number just happened to be identical to the Seashore, leads me to believe whomever in MSC IT added the "New Ship" left the old numbers from the last new ship (which happened to be Seashore).

On 1/2/2022 at 3:18 PM, ocdb8r said:

I believe the larger number is correct as they've corrected it in most places on their websites.  That, combined with the fact the smaller number just happened to be identical to the Seashore, leads me to believe whomever in MSC IT added the "New Ship" left the old numbers from the last new ship (which happened to be Seashore).

Except MSC Seashore's size is 169,400 in gross tonnage on both the archived and current site. I do agree the smaller size is a mistake, but it's not from copy/pasting the Seashore's value. The SeaSIDE and SeaVIEW have that size so maybe copy/paste from one of them.

• 1 month later...