Unlimited dining package and making reservations

Hi,

Maybe someone can help……We purchased the unlimited dining package.  I noticed when I go to the Cruise Planner on our upcoming B2B Oasis of the Seas cruise it will allow me to choose reservation times for individual speciality restaurants…….thinking I could select each night/persons/restaurants and make our reservations I found out this is to buy the individual restaurants……….I don’t know if this makes sense but do we have to wait to get on board the ship to make these reservations?  (With the unlimited plan).

Meanwhile, those who purchase individual restaurants will possibly take the times available now, leaving perhaps undesirable times?

thank you!

3 minutes ago, Flygirl1999 said:

I don’t know if this makes sense but do we have to wait to get on board the ship to make these reservations?  (With the unlimited plan).

Meanwhile, those who purchase individual restaurants will possibly take the times available now, leaving perhaps undesirable times?

Yes and yes - that's why you are getting a discount on UDP.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jweldon2 said:

Can you reserve via the app once on board, or do you have to go to a specialty restaurant to make reservations?

By the way, what do you ride? 🙂

I think you need to visit one of the venues or call via the ship phone. Modifying an existing booking may be doable in the app.

Biker, who is no longer a biker but used to ride a Honda ST1300.

Edited by Biker19

My advice- prior to cruise, look at showtimes and whatnot, think about which restaurants you want to go to, and dates & times.  Write it down.  Take that with you when you go to restaurant on first day to get reservations.  We did this, and it was very helpful!  Also- as we tried places, we realized we wanted to change future plans. It was very easy to do via a phone call once on the ship 🙂. We were on a ship that had a ton of charter people, so was glad we made it a priority to make our reservations asap 🙂