Medical screening certificate question

karen11g

My husband and I uploaded our medical screening forms on Dec. 1 (the one signed by a physician and required by Hurtigruten for Antarctica trips). We both immediately received confirmation emails from Vikrand saying the docs were uploaded. 

Will we hear anything else about these? Should we get something from Hurtigruten saying they were accepted or otherwise indicating our medical forms are good to go?

On 12/11/2021 at 8:40 AM, karen11g said:

Jan 11. You?

We are also on the January 11 itinerary.  We are staying at the Sheraton.

We have decided we are going to self-isolate from December 27 until we leave on January 10.

We do not want to take any chances.  We have waited too long for this trip.  And had too many trips canceled on us.

We are flying in from Atlanta.  How about you?

3 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

We are also on the January 11 itinerary.  We are staying at the Sheraton.

We have decided we are going to self-isolate from December 27 until we leave on January 10.

We do not want to take any chances.  We have waited too long for this trip.  And had too many trips canceled on us.

We are flying in from Atlanta.  How about you?

I realized we're both on the roll call thread, so moved our cruise-specific discussion over there.

Would still like to hear from anyone if they know whether we should expect to hear from Hurtigruten about the medical certificates. I guess not?

I will also be on the January 11th sailing. When I uploaded the document last week, the message I received was that the only reason we will hear anything about the medical forms is if there was an issue. If they were approved, we should not expect to hear from Hurtigruten or Vikrand.

17 hours ago, cruiseboy243 said:

When I uploaded the document last week, the message I received was that the only reason we will hear anything about the medical forms is if there was an issue. If they were approved, we should not expect to hear from Hurtigruten or Vikrand.

Just double-checked, and all we got was confirmation of the upload. That was several weeks ago, so must have changed the message?

We’ll print and bring them with us, but not worried ... figure all is okay. Thanks

I heard back from H when something went wrong with my medical form upload.  I didn't hear anything from them after a successful upload.  It wasn't a problem -- I was able to board the ship with no issues.

My issues were getting into Chile in the first place.  DO NOT FLY TO CHILE BEFORE YOU HAVE YOUR COMPLETED MOBILITY PASS.  I know there are exceptions on Chile's website. I trusted that website and got turned around and deported back to the US.  You really don't want the airport police to take your passport and lead you away -- it's not a good time. 

2 hours ago, Bizmark'sMom said:

I heard back from H when something went wrong with my medical form upload.  I didn't hear anything from them after a successful upload.  It wasn't a problem -- I was able to board the ship with no issues.

My issues were getting into Chile in the first place.  DO NOT FLY TO CHILE BEFORE YOU HAVE YOUR COMPLETED MOBILITY PASS.  I know there are exceptions on Chile's website. I trusted that website and got turned around and deported back to the US.  You really don't want the airport police to take your passport and lead you away -- it's not a good time. 

WTH - so sorry.  Did you actually miss your cruise?  Was this the thing you do within forty-eight hours of arrival?

2 hours ago, Bizmark'sMom said:

you need to post this disaster in the Antarctica and South America boards and on the “he who cannot be named” site.  This is so very important.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

WTH - so sorry.  Did you actually miss your cruise?  Was this the thing you do within forty-eight hours of arrival?

I made the cruise. But others who ran into the same issue did not.

This is the thing that comes after submitting vaccine info to the Chilean government.  The pending QR code is not enough. You need the full on Mobility Pass QR code that says "validada".

3 hours ago, Bizmark'sMom said:

I made the cruise. But others who ran into the same issue did not.

This is the thing that comes after submitting vaccine info to the Chilean government.  The pending QR code is not enough. You need the full on Mobility Pass QR code that says "validada".

We fly out on a Monday night.  Plan to get PCR test Sunday morning with a 4 hour turnaround for results.  Then apply for the Mobility Pass around midnight.  I have heard that approval comes back within minutes to an hour.

What we really don't understand is if it has to be approved within 48 hours of departure or 48 hours of arrival in Santiago.  Either way, we should be OK.

Edited by Heartfelttraveler

Please be sure to distinguish between the application for the Mobility pass (which includes verification of vaccines) and the C19 affidavit form which you complete after your covid test (not more than 72 hours before you fly ) and just before you travel.

The application for the pass originally took a week or two, but has got a lot quicker. You can do that well before you travel.  The C19 form can only be done 48 hours before arrival. When this is approved, and after the PCR test on arrival is confirmed as negative, then the mobility form will be activated.

4 hours ago, AlanCruise said:

The application for the pass originally took a week or two, but has got a lot quicker. You can do that well before you travel.  The C19 form can only be done 48 hours before arrival. When this is approved, and after the PCR test on arrival is confirmed as negative, then the mobility form will be activated.

Yes, the process is confusing and the timing is tricky.

As I understand it from various sources and these boards, the pre-boarding PCR test has to be TAKEN within 72 hours of the flight that brings you into Chile, and the C19 form must be submitted no more than 48 hours before LANDING in Chile. The results of your pre-boarding PCR test are uploaded as part of the C19 form.

If that’s not accurate, can someone please correct it?