Looking for anyone with experience with room 6111 on APEX

AZDivers

2 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Here is the actual photo of this room.

6111A.jpg

All obstructed view cabins and photos here… 

http://thecelebritycommitment.com/Edge_Apex_Partially_Obstructed_Views.html

Yea I saw that pic but im not exactly sure how that window/balcony thing works so im hoping to hear from someone.

Take a look at the E-Class SR spreadsheet at the top of the X forum. It doesn’t list Apex SRs much, but the Edge 6115 SR two SRs down has a write up. The post says there is lots of noise from the theater. Take a look at that. 

Den

8 hours ago, AZDivers said:

Yea I saw that pic but im not exactly sure how that window/balcony thing works so im hoping to hear from someone.

There is no window on this type of room. It’s a more traditional balcony except it’s cut into the steel of the hull, hence the big round cutout. It’s nothing like the infinite veranda cabins. 

On 12/14/2021 at 12:45 PM, Denny01 said:

Take a look at the E-Class SR spreadsheet at the top of the X forum. It doesn’t list Apex SRs much, but the Edge 6115 SR two SRs down has a write up. The post says there is lots of noise from the theater. Take a look at that. 

Den

Sorry but what is X forum?

Hi - this is the X (Celebrity) Forum.

At the top of Page 1 of the Celebrity Forum there is information about the Edge-Class cabins.

Edge-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!

This spreadsheet has information in entry #5 about Cabin 6115 that was mentioned in an earlier reply.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bFHV6Ax0FmbzTqHb1e6eCeLpGe9SEBZPJeJ4K472toY/edit#gid=0

Not sure what you mean by usable. It is my understanding that this balcony has a slider door similar to those found on the S or M class ships with standard/traditional balconies. Once on the balcony, you look out through the porthole/circle which is part of the outer structure/hull of the ship.

Hope these images help.

Edge hull.jpg

Apex hull.jpg

Edited by MarKay525
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AZDivers said:

Sorry but what is X forum?

MarKay525 took care of it; I should watch out using our shorthand. Lots refer to Celebrity as ‘X’ since that is what they put on their ships, and it’s because, I believe, of its Greek history and the X is ‘Chi’, and stood for the original company ‘Chandra’s’ 

Den

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 10:23 AM, AZDivers said:

I don’t have experience with the specific cabin you asked about but we have booked the same category (porthole balcony) at the aft of Deck 7 for a future cruise.  We sailed on apex last week, and we did go briefly check out our aft cabin (only from the hall) and we liked what we saw.   I think it is best described a traditional balcony cabin, full sliding glass door, exterior sitting area.  The “porthole” is at the railing so there is some partial loss of viewing, but we don’t feel it’s substantial loss, and we are 10X more interested in an actual balcony and will gladly take the moderate restriction of viewing.  We do not like the IV cabins.   There are very few of these porthole balconies, and they are either in the bow, or stern area of the ship.  I think only decks 6-7-8 have them.  Hope that helps you.

Edited by cruzer0007
  • Like 1

If you haven't already seen these, here's a youtube video of 6287 (but on the Edge) to give you an idea (same 1B category, other end of ship). JMO balcony looks tight, but I'd be fine with it - and wish I was there right about now! 😊

7123 1A on Apex

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 4:05 PM, cruzer0007 said:

I don’t have experience with the specific cabin you asked about but we have booked the same category (porthole balcony) at the aft of Deck 7 for a future cruise.  We sailed on apex last week, and we did go briefly check out our aft cabin (only from the hall) and we liked what we saw.   I think it is best described a traditional balcony cabin, full sliding glass door, exterior sitting area.  The “porthole” is at the railing so there is some partial loss of viewing, but we don’t feel it’s substantial loss, and we are 10X more interested in an actual balcony and will gladly take the moderate restriction of viewing.  We do not like the IV cabins.   There are very few of these porthole balconies, and they are either in the bow, or stern area of the ship.  I think only decks 6-7-8 have them.  Hope that helps you.

Thank you.

What did you mean by you are 10x more interested in an actual balcony?

14 hours ago, AZDivers said:

Thank you.

What did you mean by you are 10x more interested in an actual balcony?

We don't care for the IV cabins (infinite veranda).  We dont consider that the same as a traditional balcony cabin, most folks don't either.  The IV is really a large double hung window on the exterior wall, not really a balcony with exterior space to sit relax.  The top window pane lowers over the bottom in the IV, giving the open air experience, but its a large window, not a balcony. Thats my take, I realize others might see it differently, I have no quarrel with contrasting opinions.  Some folks love them, but we like the "traditional" balcony much better.   Hence we booked what Celebrity officially calls a porthole balcony cabin to get that type of room and exterior.

Edited by cruzer0007
  • Like 1