Move Up w/ Suite Perks?

stones902

We recently placed a Move Up bid to attempt a jump from a Concierge cabin to a Suite.  We've placed 2 bids - one into a Sky Suite and the other into a Royal Suite.  My understanding has always been that if the bid is accepted, you do not receive any additional perks (i.e. Premium drink pkg, Wifi) other that those you originally booked with.  That being said when placing the bid on the RS the website indicated that the perks would be included if the bid is successful.  Has the policy changed or does this only apply to the larger suites?  Thanks in advance for your replies!

Just sailed on the Millennium over Thanksgiving weekend in a CS.

We put a move up bid in for a RS before sailing.

I was contacted by land concierge a week before cruise asking if we had any requests.

When I told her we put in a move up bid for a RS , she said “call us right away if it is successful because there are way more amenities they will prepare.

So I took from that you will get the upgrades even though it was a “ move up”

BTW my bid was unsuccessful.

The RS does include amenities that are not included in the Sky Suites.  For instance unlimited Specialty dining and  two bottles of liquor.  In the last those amenities have always included a premium drink package, laundry, and Internet.  (I have not won a move up bid to this category since the restart)

However if your booking does not already include the “free” gratuities and OBC, you will not receive those perks.  

The  perks vs amenities confuses a lot people based on various threads in this subject.

Good Luck.  The R.S. Is a special experience.

• Like 2