just back from Eurodam...feedback re: masking

grest

46 minutes ago, bobpell said:

I take it your flight wasn't before noon?

A bit nerve wracking for any earlier time than that!!

Bob

Our flight was 1:20 and so had plenty of time. We also had our flights booked through FlightEase so we were not worried about a delay and missing our flight (at least financially)

The process was overall pretty simple and efficient, but if not booked through FlightEase, I agree and would have been nervous for anything before noon, although we would OK in our case.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, surfone said:

Do you know if a screen shot of your COVID results on your phone can be used at check in or must you have a hard d copy? 

From HALs FAQs - The following formats are acceptable proofs of a negative COVID-19 test: paper negative COVID-19 test results (original only; no photocopies accepted), digital or emailed COVID-19 test results; or record of COVID-19 testing from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification or personal electronic health record.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 12:36 PM, surfone said:

Do you know if a screen shot of your COVID results on your phone can be used at check in or must you have a hard d copy? 

i have only used the screen shot on my phone for Holland America MSC and Carnival there was never a problem.

21 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

People like that should be put off the flight immediately.  

Agree.  Might prevent some type of confrontation with Flight Attendants during the flight.

22 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

With no masking on NCL and Celebrity why would an anti-masker insist on booking HAL?

Maybe because one prefers Holland America Line over Celebrity and Norwegian Cruise Line?

21 hours ago, mightycruisequeen said:

Can any cruise conversation here not include ranting and handwringing  about masks?

Welcome to December 17, 2021.  This is the current condition of our Nation and the concerns about those who post on CC.  And, I will add:  how about the ranting and refusals to recognize that We, the People, need to be fully vaccinated against Covid?  Unless, of course, one wants the disease to continue to be a pandemic and not an endemic.  

• Like 6

On 12/16/2021 at 6:17 PM, rkacruiser said:

Thanks, OP, for your report.

Masks required to be worn by crew?  Masks needing to be worn by guests?  Have no interest in investing money into a "vacation" that I would not enjoy.  

Exactly.  It's a deal breaker for a lot of people, including my husband & me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mightycruisequeen said:

I thought from your previous posts that the deal breaker was having to be vaccinated.

Have you changed your mind about that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, mightycruisequeen said:

Stay safe and stay home is a good philosophy, or cruise on X that doesn't (at least right now) require masks. Otherwise don’t worry about what others do - please!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1