Future Cruise Credit?

jessed

Most are taken care of within the 30 days and notified by email when completed.  For some reason are last one got messed up and had to be straightened out by a phone call with RC.  If you don’t hear within 30 days or want to book a cruise before you receive it I would recommend calling.  They put a hold on our booking while they worked on our FCC.

7 hours ago, jessed said:

How long does it usually take for the credit to be issued after you cancel? I know it says 30 days but I was wondering if it was sooner. 

Do they notify you and where does it show up in your account?

Thanks. 

We got ours literally within 48 hours. But have heard many accounts they are all over the place -- even months, unfortunately. If you're worried call and ask for status.

Mine took almost two months and several hours over multiple calls with Royal before they were finally issued correctly.

If you're willing to donate the time, a phone call to Royal might at least confirm they are in progress. 

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

We didn't have to wait...called RCI and they went ahead and applied it to a new booking I was making.

I have two bookings back to back starting In early January — one with RCI and one with big box TA.  I am thinking of canceling my January sailings to moving it to one March cruise.   If I do, I was thinking I would book the March cruise with RCI.   RCI should apply the FCC from my RCI booking, but how about the January booking with another TA?  Can RCI apply the FCC from them, too?  Or would I have to go through the other TA to transfer the FCC?  

I also have an April cruise where the final payment is due January 14th to a different TA.  What should I do to get the FCC transferred to this booking in a timely manner?

By the way, is the FCC going to be the fare only or has anyone had their taxes and fees included?

Thanks in advance for your help…

8 hours ago, Californian said:

I have two bookings back to back starting In early January — one with RCI and one with big box TA.  I am thinking of canceling my January sailings to moving it to one March cruise.   If I do, I was thinking I would book the March cruise with RCI.   RCI should apply the FCC from my RCI booking, but how about the January booking with another TA?  Can RCI apply the FCC from them, too?  Or would I have to go through the other TA to transfer the FCC?  

I also have an April cruise where the final payment is due January 14th to a different TA.  What should I do to get the FCC transferred to this booking in a timely manner?

By the way, is the FCC going to be the fare only or has anyone had their taxes and fees included?

Thanks in advance for your help…

Once you are issued the FCC from the TA, you are free to use them yourself or with another TA - they are owned by you and not the TA. The tricky part could be notification that they have been processed and are ready. 

If you want to apply to a booking where final payment is due in January I would recommend that you begin the process of getting them issued now and understand there is a chance they won't be ready in time. Mine took almost two months to be processed and I had to extend a booking I had on hold three times waiting for them. You could always speak to Royal or your TA about it before moving ahead to see what their average wait times is for FCC's these days.

FCC can only be applied to base fare and cannot be applied to taxes and fees. 

Happy cruising!