Harmony Solarium Grill for Dinner

dianajo67

Has anyone eaten dinner in the Solarium on Harmony recently?  How was it?  We’ve never been on Harmony and trying to figure out if it would be a good place to take my elderly parents a couple times.  We have MTD and couldn’t switch to early dining…so I’m making alternate plans as 7:30 is too late for them in the MDR.  We’re on the 16 Jan sailing. What about the first night out of PC?  Is it too cool in the evening since it’s open air?  Appreciate any current intel.

50 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

We have MTD and couldn’t switch to early dining…

try switching on the ship. When you get onboard, go directly to the 3rd deck dining room and ask to switch. We had to switch from MTD because we didn't realize that MTD was not available to people with unvaxxed kids. By the time I stopped by the 3rd deck, they didn't have any early dining tables for 5 people left in the unvaxxed section (it was a holiday sailing, so a pretty full ship), so they put us on a waiting list. We ended up getting the best table ever on deck 5 for early dining. 

I am sure you won't have any problems switching during a non-holiday sailing.

The food at the Solarium bistro should be great as well, but, alas, it was not open to unvaxxed people either, so no personal experience in that regard. Do make your reservations early just in case.

It is not open air.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Thanks 1

To be clear, the solarium does have some openings, windows etc. AND the bistro is open in some places to the solarium.  That being said, it's quite comfortable.  If your parents get chilled easily, have them bring a sweater.  My wife does that.  The food was decent, smaller selection that the Windjammer.  I did not like the tables and chairs.  Small and uncomfortable, but that may just be a personal preference.

• Thanks 1

We have enjoyed the solarium bistro for dinner on other Oasis class ships. I know that on one ship while we picked up our appetizers buffet style, the entrées were served. (It might have been oasis but I’m not sure) 

We went last week on Harmony. The  entrees were  served buffet as well.  We like the food choices but didn’t want a buffet dinner. We left.

I recall the dining area was  enclosed. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1