Apple devices (icloud) on P and O wifi

silkworms

Does anyone else have problems using wifi on P and O

At the moment we are on Azura and it is impossible to receive and send emails on my Apple devices,

It seems crazy that popular apple devices iPads and iPhones are not catered for on P and O. 
Email address is an icloud one but have other email (talktalk) neither are supported by P and O!!

Had this problem on Britannia in October but managed to get round it with info from this site

icloud/mail but even this does not work on Azura.

Terri

Two solutions.

If the ship's internet filtering doesn't block VPNs, which it possibly does to enforce their charging policy, then connect with a VPN and your internet traffic to Apple will flow through that and the email will work.

Alternatively download a standalone email app and then set that app up with the IMAP and SMTP settings for your Apple Mail account Mail server settings for iCloud email clients - Apple Support 

Hi Terri (silkworms). I had exactly the same problem when onboard Britannia back in September and I posted on here at the time.  
teddyd33  very kindly replied with a solution that worked.  You can still see my post from 30th September on page 12 of this board if you scroll back through and perhaps what teddy told me to try will work for you too.  
Hope this might be of help.

Thank you both, bestguessed, did use your suggestion re

website icloud/email when we were on Britannia in Oct and it

worked well but even that does not work on Azura.

Picsa, thank you. Don’t really understand as am not tech savvy

but have screen printed your reply with a hope of asking someone

more knowledgeable to help, but appreciate both your replies.

Terri

Hi,

Not sure why you can’t connect but it’s definitely not a problem for Apple devices in general. We’ve been on Iona Britannia and Ventura this year and connected all 3 Apple devices every time. The problem must be specific to your device, our friends had a similar sounding problem to you and they got it sorted at reception. Probably needs the browser cache clearing and the lease renewing in the connection settings. Good luck hope you can figure it out! 

Edited by Mad4WDW
Fixed typo