Princess Insurance Policy Reference

dog

When you book & pay in full for cruise & Princess Plstinum Insurance do they send you a reference or policy number?

I did not get anything but an updated receipt and it shows I paid for Platinum insurance on my travel summary. 
I am not canceling, but would like a reference number for the Insurance. 

20 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

If you log onto the Princess site (not the app) and open your cruise details under "Cruise With Confidence" you will see a link for the protection plan details. It has all the information you need, 

It does not give e a reference number which is needed to file a claim. I do not have a claim now. I just want to be prepared if I do 

I used Princess insurance recently as American Airlines canceled my flight 4 times and I got home 3 days late. (It was Halloween weekend.) Filing a claim was easy and payment for my expenses was fast. I was very impressed. I used the link on the Princess website. All that was required was my booking number.

• Thanks 1

When my friend and I had to cancel for a medical issue, I called Princess first.   The customer service rep processed the cancelation, and then gave me the phone number and web site for filing a claim under their Vacation Protection Plan.    I started with the web site, entered the booking number, and then a claim number was assigned and the forms we needed to submit were sent.   It wasn't a difficult process, and we had no particular paperwork or policy number in advance.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dog said:

Do they send you an email from the insurance company when you purchase it?

No, you won’t get anything from the insurance company. If you need to see the Princess Vacation Protection description  log on to Princess, go to Travel Documents, scroll down to additional forms and documents. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone.
I have only bought  this insurance once using my TA. Dealing directly with Princess this time. I expected more then a Princess payment travel summary to show I purchased their insurance. 

if, and I hope not, if needed I would phone Princess to start claim. Using my cruise booking number 

very helpful.