Can you Spot What is Strange about the Pricing

miched

9 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

Agree.  I haven't found anyone close.  My experience has been the conversation is pleasant until the deposit is made.  Then it's hard to get in touch with the actual TA.  I have to wait on a long customer service line hold for the first available person...

Ugh.  Yeah, not what you'd call the personal touch.  I dial the company number, hit "2", and I know there's only one person who is going to answer. 

She's taken time, when possible, to engage in a lot of conversation about both of our cruise experiences so that we both get a new firsthand perspective from the other's journies. 

She watches the impact of changing pricing and promotions and is proactive about dealing with them for her clients.  She was just checking the status of one of my future bookings on her own initiative when she discovered the fresh onboard FCC we had received that I hadn't even had a chance to call her about yet.

• Like 1

I also have a great TA for about 15 years now  he answers my text seven days a week sometimes later in the evening when I find a deal while drinking wine lol !! And has taken the time to give me opinions and help with decision making since he has Cruised all over the world.

He has never given me extra OBC that I see many others talking about from their TA.But I feel with all of his personal attention I don’t even want to ask for extra OBC !

On 12/27/2021 at 8:38 AM, wrk2cruise said:

There are good TAs out there that don't charge a cancellation fee.  What you have done with putting it on hold is the smart thing to do.   I always do that when I see a deal I want and let the TA straighten it out later.

One other thing I don't like about my Travel Agency  is you get one TA to make the original reservation and then if you need any changes you talk to the service department.  I haven't heard back from the service department.    I sent an email to the TA that made the reservation and he's on vacation until next Tues, Jan 4th.  I'm sure he will call back then and help get this sorted out.  But I couldn't keep a cruise on hold this long so I had to put the deposit down.  

Now I have 2 reservations for the same ship, same sail date and same people.   I just hope that Celebrity doesn't cancel one before I can get this sorted out with the TA next week.  

I've never had an issue getting them to extend a hold until my TA was available.  Generally the TA agency can put sailings on a longer hold as well.   I'm pretty sure I know what agency you are talking about and these are the reasons I'm no longer dealing with them and very happy I moved on.

Thoughts for next time

Whenever I can I deal with the mom and pop businesses.   They give great service and advice.   I don’t like dealing with the big box stores. The small local businesses support  the community and use us all live there.  Their prices are competitive and normally will have better grade of products. 

I had had a great TA that had a stroke and is now out of business.   He turned his client base over to another TA that mostly deals thru emails.   I very rarely talk to a person but the emails are always directed to one person and they respond rather quickly 

Prior to using the smaller TA I used one that is based in FT Lauderdale.   You can see the building for the ship.    As other have mentioned the agent is very nice but after you book a cruise you never talk to them again.  They take the commission and run.  Found the other TA by talking to a passenger while on a cruise.   If you are looking for a TA ask other passengers while cruising.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅