So anyone have a guess if prices will drop due to cancellations?

firefly333

I'm thinking maybe they want to drop capacity some and prices might stay firm .. but a few might drop.

I'm chasing 340 pts and kicking myself for not booking during double pts, and I had some carnival cruises booked now I'm regretting. Had I had the time free could have done independence cheap at restart, but going forward ... what to do. At regular pts I need 18 days to hit 340 sept rather than dec booked cruises.

I'm going to wait until monday and see if prices change ince rcl phone lines open, and maybe some of these negative Nellie posters might cancel? 

Maybe it's not worth it to book just for pts? Would make 2023 easier to plan. Will be ready for some better routes.

Any thoughts or predictions prices up or down? Imo would only go up if rcl decides to cut capacity.

Already have been dropping for recent cruises. I have had two price reductions on my odyssey January 29th cruise the last 30 days.

now  just want to nail down another successful Royal Up and all will be good.

my wife and I are going with the philosophy that we are having 8 sea days and if we happen to pull into Aruba, Curaçao, or Nassau we will plan accordingly.

Fingers crossed that things may be a bit better by then and most of the staff is healthy again.

it sure as hell will beat  snow blowing my driveway up here in Maine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Already have been dropping for recent cruises. I have had two price reductions on my odyssey January 29th cruise the last 30 days.

now  just want to nail down another successful Royal Up and all will be good.

my wife and I are going with the philosophy that we are having 8 sea days and if we happen to pull into Aruba, Curaçao, or Nassau we will plan accordingly.

Fingers crossed that things may be a bit better by then and most of the staff is healthy again.

it sure as hell will beat  snow blowing my driveway up here in Maine.

With your ports I can see why you might miss them as those ports have been in the news for sure.

I always bring plenty of books and dont care if I miss ports, but none of mine that interesting, though I booked caymans and jamaica and jan and march already changed. I just cruise to enjoy seeing the ocean and the wake and the food and all. If I had your ports I'd care more. Yours are more unusual. 

My sept liberty almost as much as my dec allure which makes no sense to me. Allure to me is worth a lot more ... we will see if sept drops. Right now I think sept 11 balconys are like $400 more .. have to drop a lot to help me. 

I'm thinking of adding in some 4 and 5 days in may. Never been on grandeur. Part of me says I got enough booked dont chase pts, be patient, but I'm not good at patient. I'm waiting until monday and see if prices go up or down. Idk what .. seeing if anyone has a idea what prices might do. 

I have no idea what prices might do, so though I'd ask. 

• Like 1

My solo cruise next month just dropped again.  
All in ins tip taxes.   1100.00 EOS end of Jan.   
man I have a way to go to get to 340 lol.  

Edited by Ptroxx
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If you do book for points, the way I look at it is you are also booking an extra cruise because you like going on them. The more cruises the better IMO. I have no idea if prices will go down or not because how many people are really aware of what is going on? I know my upcoming cruises haven’t reduced in price from what I paid. Wish they would.

What does that mean? I don’t see anything where she said or insinuated that she was special. 🙄

Is it because she mentioned 340 points? Well, if you knew more you would understand. She cruises as a single at when you hit 340 points they don’t pay double. You pay 1.5 times instead of 2. It’s a good place (point wise) to be at if you are booking for 1 person.

Other than a cruise where Ike hit Galveston I never had a bad cruise and love the ocean. Usually I like shows. So yes, more cruising is never a bad thing, but grandeur would probably not be my first choice but works out for the pts I need. Oasis was my favorite tbh. Not the smaller ships. 

It would be nice to get 25% off the march 12 oasis cruise and I'd like to book it with a more expensive Panama canal cruise. ...so yes my TA said think of the 340 code as 25% off. I want some more expensive interesting cruises in 2023, but want the discount. 

Since I just am fence sitting thought I'd wait for monday for rcl phones to open and see if some cancel and look at prices and decide then. Could have booked smarter tbh but didnt plan ahead well so grandeur fits the bill for may dates. Thanks for your insight. At least you understand why I'd want to add in cruises and chase pts. Lol and yes for the solo rate, not the 2nd bottle of wine. The 25% off for bellas cruise and Panama canal and others. Have never been on grandeur. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

My solo cruise next month just dropped again.  
All in ins tip taxes.   1100.00 EOS end of Jan.   
man I have a way to go to get to 340 lol.  

340 pts the dp340 code. I have a long way to go too! Lol we both should have booked more when double pts. 

I wasnt even counting tips. 100 shares of rcl stock covers my tips, but I'm at more than that for b2b2b2b on grandeur 4 and 5 days put together. I need 18 days. Plus hotel and cruise parking of course. 

Good luck to us both 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

340 pts the dp340 code. I have a long way to go too! Lol we both should have booked more when double pts. 

I wasnt even counting tips. 100 shares of rcl stock covers my tips, but I'm at more than that for b2b2b2b on grandeur 4 and 5 days put together. I need 18 days. Plus hotel and cruise parking of course. 

Good luck to us both 

OIC.   Man I wish I got the 00 shares when it was 7.00.     Kick in my self I. The butt every time I look at it.   Lol

im trying to more cruises in 2022 to build my points up.  I really want to do panama.   

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

OIC.   Man I wish I got the 00 shares when it was 7.00.     Kick in my self I. The butt every time I look at it.   Lol

im trying to more cruises in 2022 to build my points up.  I really want to do panama.   

Did it hit $7? I missed that too. Dont feel bad. I missed it hitting $7. We both cant be kicking our own butts tonight lol. I'm kicking my butt for not booking more during double pts. Lol. Merry Christmas and good night. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Good luck to us both 

You could do it in 2 cruises - solo JS on a 5-day Grandeur, B2B with a regular 4 day cabin.     

Have fun on your upcoming cruises.

1 hour ago, BSocial said:

You could do it in 2 cruises - solo JS on a 5-day Grandeur, B2B with a regular 4 day cabin.     

Have fun on your upcoming cruises.

Solo gets 2 pts per day, I need 36 pts, so that's how I got to 18 days. JS is only one more pt. Lol which I priced out!! Love the idea but I'd need more days than 9 to hit the 36 pts. 

I'm even looking at JS upgrades with my b2bs which add 2 pts a day because booked at double pts. 

Got a whole page trying to figure out how to get there sooner with only one more trip to Galveston. Would still be nice if some of the prices dropped. Agree JS would be nice but only adds 1 pt per day solo. I think I'd need 3 all in JS to hit 36. 

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Did it hit $7? I missed that too.

I think it got down to as little as $5-6 back when we bought ours ~13 years ago. We sold when it topped $100 about 4 years later, and haven't looked at their stock since.

• Like 1

3 out of my 4 April 2021 Cruises dropped in price last week. Same thing happened with these Cruises when Delta was peaking, also inc my now sailed Cruises this month when Bookings were down few months ago saved hundreds on each. Though never any guarantees even when have bunch Cancellations

• Like 1