Barcelona airport

Pvbgirl

Virtually impossible given you have to check in at least an hour ahead and check in is a slow process with all the documentation to be checked. Ships clearance after docking is also slower. 

• Like 1

I would not recommend it.

We had an 11:45 am flight back in 2018. It was stressful because there was a worker slowdown and the freeways were a mess with trucks that were not moving. Fortunately, our taxi driver knew how to get around it. Check in at the airport was slow and long.

• Like 1

Thanks for your honest advice.  I am currently booked on a 10:50 for the next day, but was considering moving that up a day despite a tighter connection so that I could get the Covid test on the ship within the one day window to fly instead of having to find one in Barcelona.  I must decide which risk to take.

We flew out of Barcelona 2 weeks ago then flew back there yesterday from the Canary  Islands. They did not check any paperwork other than the usual passport and boarding pass so we did not show vaccine passes or anything else.It was busy when checking in and it's a big airport so you probably should allow plenty of time.

Edited by mumcat

I would definitely suggest to take more time. Even if getting to the airport by taxi is always easy, as there is plenty of transport available, it's a busy airport with long walk in between.

You should also consider that an answer of today might change significantly because the CoVid-situation in Europe, and recently most of all in Spain even if so many are having had their jabs and boosters is very fluent and might change from day to day.

I expect paperwork and vaccine passes being checked very thoroughly for the next future in all of Europe's airports.

20 hours ago, Pvbgirl said:

Thanks for your honest advice.  I am currently booked on a 10:50 for the next day, but was considering moving that up a day despite a tighter connection so that I could get the Covid test on the ship within the one day window to fly instead of having to find one in Barcelona.  I must decide which risk to take.

You may find post #721 on page 29 of this entertaining thread useful :

Or your hotel is not near that area, I am sure hotel staff would be able to direct you to a place where you can get tested. Enjoy your cruise, travel safely!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that info.  The clinic mentioned in this post is a 10 minute walk from our hotel.  Sounds like I've found my solution but of course things are always subject to change.  I am counting on making this vacation work after having canceled multiple versions of this trip.  

• Like 1