Documentation/Letter of Recovery for Covid

runner2013

We are due to fly to New York first and then board the Queen Mary 2. My husband and I both had covid over the Christmas period but are both recovered now. However, I’ve read that to be able to enter America we need a document of recovery from our Doctor stating that we are recovered and fit to travel. Our doctor has said that he will write a letter to say we are well but nothing about having covid and recovering! I know I can download all our vaccinations and positive case off of the NHS app. So, I’m asking if anybody else is in this situation or been in this situation and what was the outcome? Also do we still have to do the tests? It does read that you either take a test or have the letter from your doctor with all your covid information. So confused!! Please help 🙏

1 hour ago, K.Adams said:

We are due to fly to New York first and then board the Queen Mary 2. My husband and I both had covid over the Christmas period but are both recovered now. However, I’ve read that to be able to enter America we need a document of recovery from our Doctor stating that we are recovered and fit to travel. Our doctor has said that he will write a letter to say we are well but nothing about having covid and recovering! I know I can download all our vaccinations and positive case off of the NHS app. So, I’m asking if anybody else is in this situation or been in this situation and what was the outcome? Also do we still have to do the tests? It does read that you either take a test or have the letter from your doctor with all your covid information. So confused!! Please help 🙏

See the attached link.  Instead of proof of recovery and docto letters it would probably be better to just get tested.  You will likely need negative test results to board the ship in any event.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

13 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

Did he take the PCR or rapid test?  If PCR he could still show positive up to 90 days. Covid can stay in your throat for that amount of time even though you have recovered.  If rapid he should retest and will most likely be negative.

I know this because around Christmas I tested positive with a rapid test, two weeks later negative with another rapid test.

We did the full PCR test. We wanted to make sure we did the more reliable of tests. 

• Like 1