Live from the Viking Star World Cruise 2021-22

JM0115

14 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 135/152 - Sea Day - The farewell begins

Thank you !! thank you !!
I loved every day, thank you for sharing and taking the time to Blog, loved all your photos Garry especially the birds photos  🐦 the selfie in each port my favourite of you both😊

Loved the photo with the mattress arriving in port 🙈

Arlona loved your art work the best for me was the bird of paradise & the fishing boat returning from there caught. 

So many sunsets!

so many dinner’s in the world cafe ❤️

I am looking forward when you reach Bergen as we will sail on the Star on June 28th 2022 ! Doing the Homelands cruise. 
when you come to Australia we live in Newcastle NSW hopefully we can caught up for lunch or we can come to Sydney and show you around . 

I say thank you a again to both I will miss reading your blog and having a laugh every morning or evening and telling my husband giving him a update of where your are !!

My favourite place you went to was Porto,

To Flush or not to flush 🙈

Suez canal loved it both ways.

Did I say thank you 🙏 

Well thank you ☺️ 
Did they have Vegemite on board? 
hopefully when we retire in 9 years not 10 years ! We hope to be on board a Viking world cruise 🚢 ❤️🙏🥂

I could go on and one lol 😂 

Just checked the owners suite is available for your  Homelands in a couple of days You never know you might be upgraded by the fairy 🧚‍♀️ 

Edited by Rabbit27
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, DJVKN said:

My thanks to all the World Cruise folks who have shared their adventures with us on CC and FB as well.  A big thank you to @JM0115 who originally welcomed me to this roll call when I was going on the cruise. Hope we can sail together someday.

A special shout out to @GKTV32162 for the blogs. We were on the same Iceland cruise in July 2021 and never met them in person but maybe our paths will cross again some day. I will miss my daily blog reading.

We are now booked on the Neptune 2023-2024 World Cruise and since we had canceled this one the day before we were to sail the price has jumped a lot. We were in a PV for this cruise and will now be in a DV. At least we will have drawers in the closet and a much newer ship. I hope our internet will be better as well. Safe travels to those going home or for those staying aboard may you continue to have a great time with Viking.

Diana

Diana, thank you and hope you have a great voyage in 2023-24! We had a great send off last night even though I am on for 16 more days!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rabbit27 said:

Thank you !! thank you !!
I loved every day, thank you for sharing and taking the time to Blog, loved all your photos Garry especially the birds photos  🐦 the selfie in each port my favourite of you both😊

Loved the photo with the mattress arriving in port 🙈

Arlona loved your art work the best for me was the bird of paradise & the fishing boat returning from there caught. 

So many sunsets!

so many dinner’s in the world cafe ❤️

I am looking forward when you reach Bergen as we will sail on the Star on June 28th 2022 ! Doing the Homelands cruise. 
when you come to Australia we live in Newcastle NSW hopefully we can caught up for lunch or we can come to Sydney and show you around . 

I say thank you a again to both I will miss reading your blog and having a laugh every morning or evening and telling my husband giving him a update of where your are !!

My favourite place you went to was Porto,

To Flush or not to flush 🙈

Suez canal loved it both ways.

Did I say thank you 🙏 

Well thank you ☺️ 
Did they have Vegemite on board? 
hopefully when we retire in 9 years not 10 years ! We hope to be on board a Viking world cruise 🚢 ❤️🙏🥂

I could go on and one lol 😂 

Just checked the owners suite is available for your  Homelands in a couple of days You never know you might be upgraded by the fairy 🧚‍♀️ 

Hope to see you in Sydney for the Neptune's 22/23 World Cruise visit. We arrive 16th Feb and are planning a day trip to the Blue Mountains. On the 17th we are sampling some beverages in The Rocks.

@Little MontyWe also hopefully have Little Monty joining us in Sydney.

Edited by Heidi13
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have absolutely enjoyed your commentary and pictures. Your comments have been honest and amusing. I think I will be just as sad when you when you finally depart the ship. I hope you do a followup about the highlights, downfalls and what you wish could have been different (not the weather of course). Looking forward to the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Hope to see you in Sydney for the Neptune's 22/23 World Cruise visit. We arrive 16th Feb and are planning a day trip to the Blue Mountains. On the 17th we are sampling some beverages in The Rocks.

@Little MontyWe also hopefully have Little Monty joining us in Sydney.

I will put that down on the calendar 😂 17th February 2023 drinks at the rocks with Viking world cruise! ❤️🥂

• Like 3

I would just like to say a BIG “Thank You” for every post you have made on your trip round half the world. I’ve read almost every post and enjoyed the honesty, the insights, the education and your humour.

Enjoy the rest of your trip. Kind Regards to you both.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 136/152 - Tilbury, England - London calling

Did you know Pocahontas is buried across the river? If we were staying on, we would take the ferry over for the day. 

As for the Chairman’s visit, what issues did you think he would address? He came on to thank us for sticking with the world cruise. Yes, the internet was spotty at times but is was manageable. I was in the Navy back in the late 60’s and we would go months without hearing from home so I can not complain about the internet. 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. 

Garry:  Adding my thanks to you publicly for your blog and excellent observations.  Glad Lorraine and I were on the London bus tour with you and Arlona.  Impressed by the Winston Churchill statue.

See you on a future Viking cruise.  Best Wishes!

23 minutes ago, Redwarrior68 said:

Garry:  Adding my thanks to you publicly for your blog and excellent observations.  Glad Lorraine and I were on the London bus tour with you and Arlona.  Impressed by the Winston Churchill statue.

See you on a future Viking cruise.  Best Wishes!

Thanks! It was a pleasure meeting you. All the best! Until we cruise again...

9 hours ago, Rabbit27 said:

I will put that down on the calendar 😂 17th February 2023 drinks at the rocks with Viking world cruise! ❤️🥂

Brilliant. How about joining the Neptune's Roll Call so we can keep in touch

• Like 2

Thanks from me too, I've very much enjoyed following your posts. 

The Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square seems to host mostly controversial/weird art.  A Talking point, in contrast to the more traditional statues!  

https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/arts-and-culture/current-culture-projects/fourth-plinth-trafalgar-square/whats-fourth-plinth-now

• Like 2

Gary-

Loved almost everything.  Looking forward to the balance of your cruise reports.

Could you tell me if Maya (Guest Services) is still on the ship?

If she is, could you find out what ship she will be on during November and December?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 137/152 - Tilbury, England - Day 2 in Tilbury and the vibe has changed

How exciting we will have new carpet in the cafe ❤️ We are boarding the star on the 28th June ! 
Enjoy the rest of your cruise and I do hope that weather report is wrong 😑 

cheers Karen 

It has been wonderful following all the bloggers on this world cruise! Thank you for the time and effort to take us all along on your adventures. I'm especially interested in what life is like as you re-enter "normal" life again. Please keep us all posted on what re-entry is like after a world cruise.

• Like 4

Very strange to have only 148 passengers on board. We are on our way to Bergen to disembark around 100 of them and to pick up 600 new passengers. Unfortunately, as @GKTV32162 Garry said, it looks like a few raining days in Norway but hoping the Viking gods come through with better weather like we have had over the past 4 months!

• Like 3