Different households, same stateroom--pre-cruise testing?

bluejayway327

Hi all,

I have an upcoming cruise where there are three separate households staying in one stateroom. I live alone, my aunt lives in her own house, and my parents live together--the four of us will be in one suite. We've scheduled our pre-cruise tests and it has me wondering.

Any idea what happens if any one of us tests positive? Do the ones who live in separate households still get to go? We're trying to manage our expectations. 

From what I can gather, we'd all be entitled to a refund as we're the same "Traveling Party", but I don't know if that means we definitely can't go. 

It feels like a group project and we're all relying on each other to get a passing grade 😅

16 minutes ago, bluejayway327 said:

Hi all,

I have an upcoming cruise where there are three separate households staying in one stateroom. I live alone, my aunt lives in her own house, and my parents live together--the four of us will be in one suite. We've scheduled our pre-cruise tests and it has me wondering.

Any idea what happens if any one of us tests positive? Do the ones who live in separate households still get to go? We're trying to manage our expectations. 

From what I can gather, we'd all be entitled to a refund as we're the same "Traveling Party", but I don't know if that means we definitely can't go. 

It feels like a group project and we're all relying on each other to get a passing grade 😅

Maybe something here can help

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Maybe something here can help

And here I thought I searched through recent threads well enough before asking. I missed this, thank you! Looks like they had a positive outcome, so maybe we'll get lucky if we have to have someone cancel. Fingers crossed. 

8 hours ago, bluejayway327 said:

And here I thought I searched through recent threads well enough before asking. I missed this, thank you! Looks like they had a positive outcome, so maybe we'll get lucky if we have to have someone cancel. Fingers crossed. 

For peace of mind why not contact Celebrity for some guidance re the specific circumstances you are discussing? The OP on the other post had a guest deciding not to cruise because of covid, not having to cancel because they were positive.

Remember cruise fares for guest 3 and 4 could go up significantly if it is guest 1 or 2 that cancel. 

15 hours ago, bluejayway327 said:

Part of it is going to depend on if you had any contact within the 14 days prior to the cruise.  There are questions you have to answer on the health survey within 24hrs of sailing to that effect.  If no contact and different households then there is a chance they would allow.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chemmo said:

For peace of mind why not contact Celebrity for some guidance re the specific circumstances you are discussing? The OP on the other post had a guest deciding not to cruise because of covid, not having to cancel because they were positive.

Remember cruise fares for guest 3 and 4 could go up significantly if it is guest 1 or 2 that cancel. 

We ended up asking our TA what they think. They believe we'd likely be able to have 3 out of the 4 sail as long as we're willing to pay. Hoping it's a non-issue and we all test negative, but ya know. Omicron is a new beast. 

26 minutes ago, bluejayway327 said:

We ended up asking our TA what they think. They believe we'd likely be able to have 3 out of the 4 sail as long as we're willing to pay. Hoping it's a non-issue and we all test negative, but ya know. Omicron is a new beast. 

Sincere best wishes that all goes well for you all… Very difficult times. I know when we took our pre cruise tests in September we felt like we were holding our breath until all the results came through.