Canceling 1 of your party

Kcason20

4 minutes ago, Kcason20 said:

What happens if 1 of your party cancels due to testing positive?  Will they refund just their fare?  I’m traveling with both of my adult children so if one of us couldn’t go the other 2 easily could. 

If in the same cabin, all will likely be denied boarding and everyone gets a refund. 

Just now, Kcason20 said:

Even if we haven’t all been together?  

When someone cancels for COVID reasons, you usually can’t cancel just one person. If you were not around the positive person have them be a no show and don’t mention the positive test. If you somehow found out further out, you may be able to cancel a third person for a refund- you may get moved to a double occupancy cabin. 

They won't refund one person of a cabin. Your choices will be to either have the positive person no show and eat their fare or refund the whole cabin. 

Why? Because to refund one person would cause them to reprice the cabin to whoever is left in it - possibly making them pay more. Plus they'd have to rely on you telling the truth that you haven't seen the person you're sharing a cabin with in the last 14 days. 

1 minute ago, smplybcause said:

They won't refund one person of a cabin. Your choices will be to either have the positive person no show and eat their fare or refund the whole cabin. 

Why? Because to refund one person would cause them to reprice the cabin to whoever is left in it - possibly making them pay more. 

The OP has three persons on the booking, the refund rules are a bit different when canceling the third person only. 

You have up to 48 hrs to cancel for any reason and get FCC. I just took my DD off of my 1/9 reservation yesterday because she has exams. We got our taxes, fees and gratuity back on the cc and the cruise fare in FCC in 30days to used on a cruise that sails by 1/23 booked by May 2022. No questions asked as to why we took her off. It can now be done online very easily. So make sure you get rapid test 3to 4 days before if you have concerns and then again 2days for cruising.

Edited by thewebbys
  • Like 1

Thank you so much!  

My daughter does not live with me and we have not been together since Christmas Eve so if she were to be positive when we test Friday we would probably go without her. My son and I have been together so we would be a different story. 

On 12/28/2021 at 6:46 PM, Biker19 said:

If in the same cabin, all will likely be denied boarding and everyone gets a refund. 

Wrong! I've done 2 cruises since the restart. We test for COVID within 48 hours for a reason. DON'T incite ****! Just say that that tested positive, or their flight got cancelled. Many people meet up at a cruise ship to cruise together. You're fine.  You'll get the refund.

22 hours ago, D4 said:

If one of you tested positive, wouldn’t you want to postpone the cruise anyway so you could all cruise together in the future?

They could still go by themselves and then all go together later on.

• Like 1