Yet another dreaded move up question

bboop51

30 minutes ago, Essexcruiser007 said:

As an update, we had our offer refused. There are 39 cabins left in AQ where we had put in a bid. I will try and get an upgrade on the day. I haven’t cruised with celebrity for 5 years so this upgrade thing was new, I wonder now just what a fair offer to upgrade is?

At one point there was a spreadsheet on the move up tracker.  For the guests that completed the survey, approx 75% of move up offers were accepted.  However, there is nothing consistent in the bids, categories, etc. Some guests' bids were immediately accepted, some not until 49 hours before sailing.   Basically just bid what you are comfortable with... better that than pay more than you think its worth.

On 1/7/2022 at 2:05 PM, cangelmd said:

The sticking point for us is streaming Wi-Fi. We should only have surf. Did you get upgraded Wi-Fi or do you know yet?

I don’t know yet. She said we got upgraded to the best of everything so I’m assuming so. What I specifically remember is she said 2. BottLes of liquor (we don’t drink alcohol), stock the mini bar with our choices (we chose San pelligrino, unlimited specialty restaurants, laundry. Sorry I didn’t think to ask about internet. 

On 1/5/2022 at 2:25 PM, bbeltmom said:

Fingers crossed that this is really the sign! 

I am booked in Aqua on a January 30th sailing.  I bid on Sky Suite , Clebrity Suite, and Royal Suite.  The Sky and Celebrity Suite bids are expired and the Royal is pending and I cannot change it - that is what sent me searching and finding your thread!  

Feeling hopeful! Any yes the bid is waaaaay less than the going rate to upgrade even to a Sky Suite!

Turned out to be the sign for us too! 

The one bid had been pending for 10 days and I could not change it even though our sail date is still more than 2 weeks out.  I emailed CelebrityMoveUp@celebrity.com last night to ask about the status and this morning got notification of a credit card charge and my reservation was updated!

So we only bid on one room...and sailing on Sunday.  The top says, "Pending" in bold letters.  Underneath the upgrade type is:

The time period to modify or cancel your offer has passed.

modify.details.offer.expiration.past.

No credit card activity as of yet.  Now I'm confused, but either way, we will have a nice room and looking forward to a relaxing cruise!

3 minutes ago, as3369 said:

So we only bid on one room...and sailing on Sunday.  The top says, "Pending" in bold letters.  Underneath the upgrade type is:

The time period to modify or cancel your offer has passed.

modify.details.offer.expiration.past.

No credit card activity as of yet.  Now I'm confused, but either way, we will have a nice room and looking forward to a relaxing cruise!

I would email CelebrityMoveUp@celebrity.com and ask them if your bid was accepted (include your booking number).  They got back to me within a few hours (asking for my booking number when I didn't include it).  Worst case is that the answer is no....

I bid a couple of weeks ago on a Family Veranda on the Reflection on 29-Jan.  Just checked it yesterday and it was showing PENDING with no option to change it, or to bid on any others.  No card charged yet.