Yet another dreaded move up question

bboop51

We bid on a move-up for our cruise in January on the Aoex. We bid on both Aqua and a Sky Suite.

I noticed today in our cruise planner that Aqua move-up expired and the Sky Suite is still pending.

Does anyone have experience with this situation ?  We only bid a few days ago. I was surprised that the AQ bid expired

so quickly.

Thanks

Congratulations.  Seems a little early for a January 22 cruise.  As stated, you can no longer modify your SS bid,  I believe you won your bid.

I hope you checked to going price for a Sky Suite cabin and compared it to the bid.

What was your SS bid?

Edited by jagoffee

26 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Can you modify the SS bid.  If not that's a good sign it was accepted.  Keep an eye on your credit card pending charges as people report that is the first sign

No, I can no longer modify my bid. I was just in my credit card, transferring points to OBC.. nothing so far. I'll keep checking. Thanks 😀

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Congratulations.  Seems a little early for a January 22 cruise.  As stated, you can no longer modify your SS bid,  I believe you won your bid.

I hope you checked to going price for a Sky Suite cabin and compared it to the bid.

What was your SS bid?

Just now, bboop51 said:

No, I can no longer modify my bid. I was just in my credit card, transferring points to OBC.. nothing so far. I'll keep checking. Thanks 😀

Yes, there is world of difference. We bid $725 each. We are booked in a Concierge Cabin, for the first time. We usually sail Aqua. But with all the interesting dining options on the Apex, we decided that we  would forego Blu. The more we thought about missing the breakfast the more we decided to go for the move-up.

• Like 1

I grew weary of looking at it everyday... inventory is one left in the category we wanted (Royal Suite.)  To not worry about if someone else outbid us, I just called the TA and told her to reserve and pay the difference.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bboop51 said:

We bid on a move-up for our cruise in January on the Aoex. We bid on both Aqua and a Sky Suite.

I noticed today in our cruise planner that Aqua move-up expired and the Sky Suite is still pending.

Does anyone have experience with this situation ?  We only bid a few days ago. I was surprised that the AQ bid expired

so quickly.

Thanks

I am still  a little perplexed. The email confirmation I received indicates I can modify my bid up to something like 78 hours before cruising. However, even the Sky Suite bid (which is pending) is locked.

I guess I  don't get the entire process.

1 hour ago, bboop51 said:

I am still  a little perplexed. The email confirmation I received indicates I can modify my bid up to something like 78 hours before cruising. However, even the Sky Suite bid (which is pending) is locked.

I guess I  don't get the entire process.

You can change your bid unless you have won the bid.  What do you see in line under mange booking?

19 hours ago, bboop51 said:

Usually when this happens you will be charged and received a notification from Celebrity within 24 hours (maybe longer if a Holiday). 

I have an Alert on my Credit card for any charges over $100.   When my iWatch vibrates and I see a big charge I know before Celebrity notifies me.

Funny thing that on our last B2B we were upgraded for both cruises at the same time.   Somehow I missed the second on and about a week later found we had been upgraded to the Penthouse on the second cruise and I totally missed it.   Great surprise.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Usually when this happens you will be charged and received a notification from Celebrity within 24 hours (maybe longer if a Holiday). 

I have an Alert on my Credit card for any charges over $100.   When my iWatch vibrates and I see a big charge I know before Celebrity notifies me.

Funny thing that on our last B2B we were upgraded for both cruises at the same time.   Somehow I missed the second on and about a week later found we had been upgraded to the Penthouse on the second cruise and I totally missed it.   Great surprise.

Hoping the above pans out for me.  On the Jan 9 Equinox in Concierge and got moved up to Sky Suite.  Then on the Jan 21 Equinox, i put in a bid for same move up.  Just checked and site says offer is pending and I can not change it.  

On 12/30/2021 at 3:51 PM, bboop51 said:

so quickly.

Thanks

For those of you that asked for the final result - WE GOT IT !!! 😀 I check my planner and credit card yesterday a couple time and nada. Then last night I got a message from my  TA, that we got it. Sure enough, everything changed. I will post in the move-up tracker later today. Thank you all for your posts.

Now, fingers crossed for negative covid tests and the plane showing up (oh and no snow.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just my 2 cents.

More space in the room is good but I would prefer not to eat in a crowded restaurant like Luminae in this pandemic world.

On the first night please don't dine from 7:00-8:00 pm .It will be over crowded.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bboop51 said:

For those of you that asked for the final result - WE GOT IT !!! 😀 I check my planner and credit card yesterday a couple time and nada. Then last night I got a message from my  TA, that we got it. Sure enough, everything changed. I will post in the move-up tracker later today. Thank you all for your posts.

Now, fingers crossed for negative covid tests and the plane showing up (oh and no snow.)

So pleased for you, enjoy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bboop51 said:

Which January cruise was this for? I'm on the 1/15 and haven't seen any changes in my move up bid for a CS. I've been watching and they've gone from sold out to 5 now being available for this cruise so keeping my fingers crossed. 

For those of you very familiar with this process. I am just a bit uncertain if one would get their "non-refundable" bid back if it's accepted and then you have to cancel your cruise. I know one cannot cancel the bid after acceptance but not sure if the whole booking gets cancelled.