Vista NYE cruise

csj092809

Guest BasicSailor

Curious about mask enforcement and are the passengers supporting the new rules.  Here's wishing you a Happy New year!  Please enjoy and be safe.

Background, sailing with 12 year old son. Arrived a couple days early to Houston and staying at Courtyard Intercontinental by IAH. Free airport shuttle, nice rooms. Cafe open for breakfast and dinner. Around $120/night. Taking Carnival transportation from IAH tomorrow morning. 

Edited by csj092809

Yes definitely want to hear how things go.  We are booked in Havana Cabains for Jan 22 cruise.  Will be RVing in Galveston the whole month of January so no travel issues as we will be 3 miles from the pier.  I am concerned about the Covid stuff going on right now though especially with the new recommendation that vaccinated as well as Vaccinated shouldn’t cruise the CDC put out.  We are getting a bit nervous based on some other stories about testing positive after off the ship or testing and then ending up in Quarantine on ship, shows being cancelled and other events being cancelled even elegant night due to covid on ship.  Hope you find out differently as I really want to sail but it is getting really concerning.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharhu22 said:

Yes definitely want to hear how things go.  We are booked in Havana Cabains for Jan 22 cruise.  Will be RVing in Galveston the whole month of January so no travel issues as we will be 3 miles from the pier.  I am concerned about the Covid stuff going on right now though especially with the new recommendation that vaccinated as well as Vaccinated shouldn’t cruise the CDC put out.  We are getting a bit nervous based on some other stories about testing positive after off the ship or testing and then ending up in Quarantine on ship, shows being cancelled and other events being cancelled even elegant night due to covid on ship.  Hope you find out differently as I really want to sail but it is getting really concerning.  

I'll keep you posted 😊

3 hours ago, JROBTX said:

I’ll be on board as well!  I was originally worried about capacity but they said it’s greatly decreased in the last week.  

And per the Facebook group, a chunk more canceled the last couple of days after testing positive and after CDC recommendations yesterday. Someone emailed PVP about capacity and got a response of 50-60% before this latest round of cancelations.

Edited by csj092809