Ensure+ onboard NCL ships

pno4te

My husband requires a liquid diet due to a G-tube.  Hauling his containers of food is very heavy and cumbersome.  We are headed to the Mediterranean for 2 weeks of cruising in July.  We would like to have the option of not carrying all that with us (over 65 pounds of liquid!).  Celebrity offers Ensure+ if requested in advance.  Our TA has contacted NCL and we have also reached out to the access desk without getting any response other than to say that they had approved him bringing 48 containers onboard the ship.  Has anyone here on CC been successful in having Ensure+ provided for them onboard? 

32 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Can you buy it in Europe? Is there a powder version that can be mixed with water? 

We have reached out to Abbott nutrition both in the USA and Italy.  USA says ask Italy what formulations are available there and Italy hasn't responded yet.  Hoping we get an answer from someone over the next few months!

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Is this something you really want to risk?

Not what I asked about, however... if the risk is not ameliorated by July we would not go.  Pre-planning still has to take place.  

I know it’s burdensome but I would bring it.  Think about how NCL would provision it for you because it is not something they carry.  The ships sailing from Mediterranean comes from the US so you would have to trust that someone from US to stock that for you and then hold it on the ship until you sail if they don’t have have access to ensure plus in Spain/Italy.  To many variables for a mistake to occur and there is nothing they will be able to do for you when you show up and they don’t have it.