PCR from non USA?

mtm103

Hello. Just booking flights for a 27 Match cruise. We don’t live in US. We will be getting PCR tests on 25 March and landing on 26 March. Can we use the 25 March PCR tests to board RC on 27? The RC website mentions something about “CLIA lab” but wanted to check if anyone had boarded with non USA tests. My husband and myself are both boosted. Our son cannot get the vaccine in our country. All 3 of us have recently had Covid (last week). Thank you!!!!

2 hours ago, mtm103 said:

Hello. Just booking flights for a 27 Match cruise. We don’t live in US. We will be getting PCR tests on 25 March and landing on 26 March. Can we use the 25 March PCR tests to board RC on 27? The RC website mentions something about “CLIA lab” but wanted to check if anyone had boarded with non USA tests. My husband and myself are both boosted. Our son cannot get the vaccine in our country. All 3 of us have recently had Covid (last week). Thank you!!!!

If you test positive with a PCR test you might consider getting retested with a rapid test, since the head of the CDC just announced that a PRC test can show positive up to 12 weeks after infection, long after the contagious period.

2 hours ago, mtm103 said:

Your dates are fine but Royal only requires the cheaper less sensitive Antigen tests, I'd go with that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

If you test positive with a PCR test you might consider getting retested with a rapid test, since the head of the CDC just announced that a PRC test can show positive up to 12 weeks after infection, long after the contagious period.

Yes I have heard this… I need to do a PCR test to get in the US anyway.. but I might do a “pre run” anyway just to make sure I test negative! Thank you

1 hour ago, mtm103 said:

Yes I have heard this… I need to do a PCR test to get in the US anyway.. but I might do a “pre run” anyway just to make sure I test negative! Thank you

You only need a quick antigen test for USA entry. Where you coming from? 

6 hours ago, mtm103 said:

We are flying to the US on Thursday from the UK and currently you only need a lateral flow test to fly to the USA (the day before), although this MUST be proctored - no DIY with NHS  tests.

10 hours ago, winty said:

You only need a quick antigen test for USA entry. Where you coming from? 

Dubai.. antigen tests are not legal here and are banned.. so will be a full PCR. Thank you 

5 hours ago, 38anchor said:

We are flying to the US on Thursday from the UK and currently you only need a lateral flow test to fly to the USA (the day before), although this MUST be proctored - no DIY with NHS  tests.

I am flying from Dubai and antigen tests are not legal here.. so will be a full PCR test

• Like 1