January Cruisers - you can rebook without penalty!

jondfk

10 hours ago, hsmom said:

We are able to rebook but only will receive FCC with a deadline that we will be unable to meet. Does this also mean that the claim that I would have been able to file with my independent insurance company prior to their policy change is now gone since Princess will give us FCC. I just feel sick.

We had a similar situation with insurance with our credit card.  We were told we would get a refund, but had to wait for the final date shown to use the FCC (Dec 31, 2022 for you) and then if we truly didn’t use the FCC by the deadline we would get the refund at that time.  Maybe you have a chance at something similar.

I ended up waiting to cancel until the penalty was 100%, then was able to get the full refund immediately.  That situation was because my husband was in a terrible accident and unable to travel. Our situations weren’t similar, but hopefully you can get the refund if you wait for the FCC to run out. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, jeno said:

We had a similar situation with insurance with our credit card.  We were told we would get a refund, but had to wait for the final date shown to use the FCC (Dec 31, 2022 for you) and then if we truly didn’t use the FCC by the deadline we would get the refund at that time.  Maybe you have a chance at something similar.

I ended up waiting to cancel until the penalty was 100%, then was able to get the full refund immediately.  That situation was because my husband was in a terrible accident and unable to travel. Our situations weren’t similar, but hopefully you can get the refund if you wait for the FCC to run out. 

Thank you for that information. I will certainly check into that possibility. At this point our penalty would be 100%.

17 hours ago, LostFan#1 said:

said I had to contact my TA. Kinda wish he'd led with that, for I felt I wasted his time (he did spent several minutes looking up my booking and then asking why I wanted to reschedule).

So heads up for those with TAs trying to use the chat option today. 

I listened to the message on the Princess phone line.   Did you not? 
It clearly states if you booked direct, you can call or chat, and it you booked via a TA you must contact them and they can rebook via "Polar" which is their online booking portal.  

On 1/2/2022 at 10:08 AM, hsmom said:

We are able to rebook but only will receive FCC with a deadline that we will be unable to meet. Does this also mean that the claim that I would have been able to file with my independent insurance company prior to their policy change is now gone since Princess will give us FCC. I just feel sick.

I'm confused.  If you are able to rebook a January departure, why is FCC involved?

I was completely successful yesterday on Live Chat in rebooking Majestic Princess from Jan 8 to Jan 29 ... allows a little extra time to figure this out. It took a lot of patience but in the end worked out very well. No cancelation / rebooking penalties were charged. Very pleased with the result. AA also allowed changing flight dates with no cancelation / rebooking penalties.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

I was completely successful yesterday on Live Chat in rebooking Majestic Princess from Jan 8 to Jan 29 ... allows a little extra time to figure this out. It took a lot of patience but in the end worked out very well. No cancelation / rebooking penalties were charged. Very pleased with the result. AA also allowed changing flight dates with no cancelation / rebooking penalties.

They didn’t charge you the insurance 

premium?   Was it an even exchange?

1 minute ago, NavArch64 said:

As you can see below, we are ELITE ... this will be our 27th Princess cruise. That might have helped smooth the way ... but I think that all we be treated the same for the January rebooking offer.

That’s great.  Thanks again.

We were able to move our Jan 8 cruise to the same cruise in March paying the March cruise fare. All money was transferred to the new cruise. There was a penalty but that was refunded in the form of FCC (not a problem).

United Airlines changed our flights without penalty or fare increase.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Does anyone know if this applies to all cruise dates in Jan?  Carnival sent

emails to guests stating it was for

cruises through and including Jan 14, 22.

Not sure if PCL has a date restriction.

TIA

Based on the recording it is for all January cruises. 

Cancelled this morning (for Grand sailing tomorrow).  Took a loooong time using chat.  Tried in vain to rebook, no cabins in same category available any sailing this year was probably the issue.  Ultimately took a refund in the form of original payment which was about 50:50 FCC & cash.  

To my surprise the FCC is already available (and applied to a new booking).  We'll see how long the cash takes.  I'll give it 45 days before I dispute via the credit card.  I had to go the dispute route last year after waiting 5 months, will not give them a loan of that duration again.

12 minutes ago, jondfk said:

Cancelled this morning (for Grand sailing tomorrow).  Took a loooong time using chat.  Tried in vain to rebook, no cabins in same category available any sailing this year was probably the issue.  Ultimately took a refund in the form of original payment which was about 50:50 FCC & cash.  

To my surprise the FCC is already available (and applied to a new booking).  We'll see how long the cash takes.  I'll give it 45 days before I dispute via the credit card.  I had to go the dispute route last year after waiting 5 months, will not give them a loan of that duration again.

So you don’t have to rebook to use this option?  Did you lose your insurance premium paid?

TIA

Not saying we will cancel our 1/23 Caribbean Princess sailing but we booked through TA and we had insurance through them which shows we cannot cancel if it’s just fear of getting Covid.  
Is there something from Princess that overrides this or am I kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place ?

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth