Refunds - how long have you waited?

Tom-n-Cheryl

I cancelled our Escape sailing before final payment almost two weeks ago ($1,500 deposit), and was told the deposit would go back to my credit card. Nothing on the radar yet (Amtrak returned the funds within 48 hours)...

?

Tom

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I cancelled our Escape sailing before final payment almost two weeks ago ($1,500 deposit), and was told the deposit would go back to my credit card. Nothing on the radar yet (Amtrak returned the funds within 48 hours)...

?

Tom

I think it was around 14-21 days for me. 

1 hour ago, AndyCapn said:

Related: How long between when you cancelled and when you got the email confirmation?

I cancelled this afternoon but still haven't received an email, and My NCL account is still showing the cruise.

I seem to recall it was a same day reply (not "instant", but not days later).

Tom

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2022 at 6:03 PM, AndyCapn said:

I cancelled this afternoon but still haven't received an email, and My NCL account is still showing the cruise.

Just to update, I called back this morning to confirm everything went through. It did and they sent me an email confirmation. My reservation still shows up but there is a code "POM" that will eventually ensure my paid balance will be converted to FCC.

6 hours ago, AndyCapn said:

Just to update, I called back this morning to confirm everything went through. It did and they sent me an email confirmation. My reservation still shows up but there is a code "POM" that will eventually ensure my paid balance will be converted to FCC.

Can you update later to advise how long for FCC to be shown, as I would like to know how long before you can use the FCC.

• Like 1

Cancelled on the 2nd due to positive covid for a 13th cruise date. I received some of my  cash purchased refund today but still no movement on my fcc or Insurance. I have a courtesy hold in for early February hoping I will get my fcc in time assuming it doesn't cancel. What sucks is my cruise was one to cancel today so I missed out on the bonus and out the Insurance money.

Received letter October 18, 2021.  States that "you will receive 25% monetary refund that will be issued within 30 business days from the sail date to the original form of payment."  Sail date was November 24, 2021.  Still no refund.  Today is Jan. 12, 2022.

Canceled our cruise 12/28, one day before final payment was due to NCL. Our refund showed up on the credit card early this morning. The 2 Cruise Next Certificates and 10% Cruise Discount were back on our NCL Account 3 days after canceling. The 10% discount still expires 1/31/2022.

Edited by morrisretired

On 1/5/2022 at 5:18 AM, kenzie said:

Can you update later to advise how long for FCC to be shown, as I would like to know how long before you can use the FCC.

It updated tonight, so 10 days after invoking the Peace of Mind policy. I have one year (Jan. 12, 2023) to book a cruise for travel by May 31, 2023.

• Like 1

So yesterday I was told by support that there are 3 refund policies. 1 is the POM which is 14 days. The 2nd is their cancelation which is the same or faster. And finally my situation which was  "self" cancelation where you fill a form out stating why you had to cancel. which takes 30 days.

My aggravation is I was forced to cancel since we had a positive covid test within 14 days of sail. The support team I worked with said it would be in my account within 14 days and placed a courtesy hold for a February trip now to be told it likely won't. 

On 1/12/2022 at 12:11 AM, knoxfox23 said:

Cancelled on the 2nd due to positive covid for a 13th cruise date. I received some of my  cash purchased refund today but still no movement on my fcc or Insurance. I have a courtesy hold in for early February hoping I will get my fcc in time assuming it doesn't cancel. What sucks is my cruise was one to cancel today so I missed out on the bonus and out the Insurance money.

How did you get some cash refund for part of it? I thought if you test positive before a cruise that they only issue you FCC. 

On 1/15/2022 at 12:49 PM, Cruise Gopher said:

How did you get some cash refund for part of it? I thought if you test positive before a cruise that they only issue you FCC. 

They cost of the cruise is fcc but the port fees, taxes, service/tips, and additional bookings such as the spa week pass. I didn't do anything but the support member said it would be and I got it a week later.

11 hours ago, knoxfox23 said:

They cost of the cruise is fcc but the port fees, taxes, service/tips, and additional bookings such as the spa week pass. I didn't do anything but the support member said it would be and I got it a week later.

Wow!!! That is a huge change then as all their documentation stated that all amounts paid would be returned as a FCC. 

I can confirm if the reason for your cancellation was due to testing positive for Covid within 14 days of cruise then they DO refund all port fees, taxes, dining service charge, beverage package service charge. The cancellation invoice will show the total amount the customer won’t get a refund to their credit card.