New testing policy?

Fredric22

23 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Insurance is not mandatory for US residents on US port departure cruises. At least at this point it’s not 

So the link that info came from is not for US residents? This is just confusing people more. 

35 minutes ago, girli565 said:

So the link that info came from is not for US residents? This is just confusing people more. 

It is confusing. I hadn’t clicked on that link @mscdivina2016 posted but I just did and it does have conflicting info. 

For example it talks about being able to reschedule your cruise 15 days before sailing. What happened to 48hrs flexible booking changes?

CB44893C-6016-4ECD-B7C6-BF67D743E1BF.thumb.png.6feee81a223657ca8845b2894e92cee0.png

Also it does say Covid insurance is required. 

629446FD-EAA5-4819-8D53-40348443B8E5.thumb.png.7d4fa7b4e72693e85e5ddee2f5afaac0.png

I also noticed the url is not secure and it’s not msccruiseusa.com site. 

Steve @mscdivina2016 where the heck did you get that link?  

The link comes right from my booking link that they sent me today.

Here's what it had...

CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE

Putting The Health And Safety Of Our Guests And Crew First

VACCINATION POLICY

All guests ages 12 and above
are required to be fully
vaccinated. All guests ages
2 and above are required
to submit a negative test
prior to boarding. Our crew
members are fully vaccinated
and regularly tested.

FLEXIBLE BOOKING
CHANGES

Book your cruise now, and
rest easy knowing you can
easily change your cruise
date, free of charge, up to
48 hours prior to sail date.

PEACE OF MIND

If you test positive for
COVID-19 within 14 days
prior to or during your cruise,
you and your traveling party
will receive a full or prorated
refund and assistance if
required, with onboard
medical care, land-based
quarantine, and travel home.
We'll make it easy for you to
meet testing obligations on
board prior to returning home.

A FULL EXPERIENCE

Our protocols are designed
to make your cruise
experience as enjoyable
and as safe as possible.
You will be free to
disembark and independently
visit ports of call wherever
local regulations allow it.

It looks like insurance is just suggested for US people going to the Caribbean. In the first few lines, it sounds optional but makes insurance mandatory for internationals.  Then, it infers (I bolded and made the text red) that we need insurance for COVID. See the last part "All Guests."

Clear as mud.

U.S. and Puerto Rico residents:
A travel protection plan with coverage for COVID-19 is recommended for guests 12 years and older who are fully vaccinated.

This must be purchased prior to making final payment on your cruise. If you’ve already booked your cruise and have not purchased a travel protection plan with coverage for COVID-19, you may call 844-579-4349, if you booked direct with MSC Cruises, or contact your travel advisor to add this to your booking prior to final payment. 

View full details of MSC Cruises Travel Protection Plan with coverage for COVID-19 

International guests residing outside of U.S. and Puerto Rico: 

Beginning Nov. 8, 2021 MSC Cruises will welcome international guests on cruises departing from a U.S. port.

A travel protection plan with coverage for COVID-19 is required for guests 12 years and older who are fully vaccinated. You must purchase travel insurance through your country of residence. You will be denied boarding if travel protection with COVID-19 coverage is not purchased through MSC Cruises or another provider. 

All Guests:

For all guests wanting to purchase their own travel insurance, it is required to provide coverage for COVID-19 protection.  Guests that purchase insurance other than the one offered by MSC Cruises must provide proof of their valid travel insurance policy that has a minimum of (a) $25,000 per person in medical expense coverage and (b) $50,000 coverage for emergency medical evacuation, both with no COVID-19 exclusions.  The insurance policy must name the guest as the policy holder or beneficiary.  Guests must bring a printed version of the insurance policy, showing the name of each of the covered guest(s) and a description of the coverage in the policy. This documentation will be reviewed by our staff at the terminal prior to boarding. Without it, guests will be denied boarding.

47 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

The link comes right from my booking link that they sent me today

When I clicked on the link in your post it took me to a “not secure” MSC site. 
The pics I posted are screen shots from that link. They don’t make sense. 
This is weird even for MSC. 😬
E3E1B2B7-4ABC-4565-9F54-B4ECE89BC1C5.thumb.jpeg.c4277815795f24527ff5402411e3c82e.jpeg

47 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

That is what I have, I was referring that insurance is/was not mandatory for US residents.

Yes, I know that that is stated elsewhere.  The only reason I'm saying it is confusing is in the first sentence, where it says, "it is mandatory for all guests to have in place an insurance policy..."  If you don't read all of MSC's COVID guidelines, you could be left with the impression that you absolutely need to have insurance regardless of citizenship.  That was what I was trying to get at.

• Like 2