LIVE for the Horizon… just kidding the Liberty 1-8-21

MeganGC1983

I'm on this sailing too.  Not gonna lie pretty nervous that its all going to go off.  NCL is cancelling cruises last minute.  CDC has given Aruba a level 4.  I'm still hopeful we can pull it all off.  Even if I just get to sail for 8 days and not get covid I will take it as win right now LOL.  Safe travels and maybe our paths will cross on the ship.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, irie0518 said:

I'm on this sailing too.  Not gonna lie pretty nervous that its all going to go off.  NCL is cancelling cruises last minute.  CDC has given Aruba a level 4.  I'm still hopeful we can pull it all off.  Even if I just get to sail for 8 days and not get covid I will take it as win right now LOL.  Safe travels and maybe our paths will cross on the ship.

We will make it! We can do it! Almost there! 

Getting my ducks in a row… is this like counting my chickens before they hatch?! Might add some stickers to the tags if I have time. 
Got the kids packed, got the schedule written out for activities, still waiting on the colonial fair apron. Covid testing in 17 hours. 

9E660BB0-98C2-4C03-9FFC-E07439B915F8.jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Noooo! My mail lady is on it. Rural routes are much more personable than you city slickers. 😉 Even if the USPS slips up, our lady takes care of it. I even bring her back souvenirs. 

We like our Mail lady also. Have fun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Getting my ducks in a row… is this like counting my chickens before they hatch?! Might add some stickers to the tags if I have time. 
Got the kids packed, got the schedule written out for activities, still waiting on the colonial fair apron. Covid testing in 17 hours. 

9E660BB0-98C2-4C03-9FFC-E07439B915F8.jpeg

OMG you are one of the most entertaining persons on any of these threads.

You could be a comedy writer.

Have a nice trip on the Horizon   oops just kidding.  But that is a nice ship as I did the Vista.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Noooo! My mail lady is on it. Rural routes are much more personable than you city slickers. 😉 Even if the USPS slips up, our lady takes care of it. I even bring her back souvenirs. 

Better make it a postcard this time with your packing situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Small crisis tonight… Covid pre-test email comes. Directions, typical, yada, yada, id, insurance card… wait! Where is my insurance card? I haven’t seen it in my wallet since last cruise. Drivers license, debit card, target card, Southwest credit card, all the frequent eater cards from my favorite Asian restaurant… no insurance card… tore through the house, tore down the house… found the new ones they sent last week in drawer. Celebration white claw! So much for a sober week. Cheers! 

1EE5710E-460C-4F6C-8001-EC5EC823B9C3.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

OMG you are one of the most entertaining persons on any of these threads.

You could be a comedy writer.

Have a nice trip on the Horizon   oops just kidding.  But that is a nice ship as I did the Vista.

Thank you!  I’m a ginger so I had to develop a personality in HS instead of just sleeping around. 😉

• Haha 4

On 1/4/2022 at 10:42 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

Christmas left yesterday. Today I’m packed-ish and getting documents ready. Still hiding out and doing work things solo. The laminator is out and suitcase scale, so things are getting pretty serious.
 With Spirit boost, I’m allowed up to 50 lbs. 😬 I’m pushing it. You think my kids will accept pictures of souvenirs this time?! Probably not… they’ve been talking all week about which stuffed animals we will be able to locate on this cruise.

If you are new to my reviews, you need to know that 2 cruises ago, on the Magic BC/BR (Before Covid/Before Reviews), we ended up not debarking in Grand Turk, and that’s where we were going to get the kids something. Instead they ended up with mermaids and a grinch from the fun shops. Last cruise (Mardi Gras),they all requested stuff animals. Ya know from the Caribbean, world wide known for stuffed animals, right?! Well in Amber Cove, I found an ocean themed stuffed animal line that they all loved… so they are hoping to grow their count. 😝

9B77162D-72E0-4E0C-A8D2-061FCECA632E.jpeg

8D2310B2-8C9A-415F-9892-973144225E41.jpeg

For a brief moment, I thought your scale was a thermometer and nearly fell off the couch!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Less calories. After a festive holiday season… I need to fit into my cruise clothes. 😆

Brilliant! 

I wish I would have thought of this sooner, dieting and self discipline. Oh well, I am going to look like the Kool-aid man...bursting through my cruise clothes 🙃 

• Haha 2

On 1/3/2022 at 5:50 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Oh I’m sorry! Hope you got to reschedule. I shall have a cocktail in your honor. 

That would be lovely!  My husband passed away and this cruise was occurring on his birthday week and going to ports he and I both wanted to go to.  I just couldn't take the chance of possibly catching covid and not being able to fly home.  Leaving my dog (after my hubby's passing) for a week was bad enough since she was very attached to him, but I could not chance having to be gone for 2 weeks.  Not to mention my job.. lol.  One week is bad enough!!  

I will be following along!!!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, chefestelle said:

For a brief moment, I thought your scale was a thermometer and nearly fell off the couch!

Ok, you’re not the only one. I was like uhh Celsius or Fahrenheit that’s not good. It took me a minute. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, chasinraynbowz said:

That would be lovely!  My husband passed away and this cruise was occurring on his birthday week and going to ports he and I both wanted to go to.  I just couldn't take the chance of possibly catching covid and not being able to fly home.  Leaving my dog (after my hubby's passing) for a week was bad enough since she was very attached to him, but I could not chance having to be gone for 2 weeks.  Not to mention my job.. lol.  One week is bad enough!!  

I will be following along!!!

Oh! My thoughts and prayers are with you. So sorry! Hugs!