Quarantine Cabin

AK Dreaming

I've read some things on other sites that say if you test positive or are know to have been in contact with a positive you have to be quarantined.  However, the quarantine is not in your cabin, but on a quarantine deck.  My question is has this happened to anyone, and if so, is the cabin the same as you had paid for?  I travel solo, but book a balcony.  Is it possible I would be moved to an inside cabin?  Has anyone had this experience?

I am looking to book the Escape in March.  I don't really care about ports, I just want to cruise, but I do  not want to be trapped in an inside cabin.  Any info appreciated.

Thank you.

Yes it is possible you could be moved to an inside cabin, although it appears most people are moved to outside cabins. An entire discussion took place in this thread linked below. Several examples are provided, including a link to a video blogger who is a solo traveler who was moved from his balcony to an outside.

Following, the earlier discussion seemed to turn into alot of reports people  read about or saw on the internet. Anyone have any recent personal knowledge about quarantine procedures onboard?

Edited by jeffw67
Misspelled

If you are known to be in contact with someone, it sounds like you stay in your own cabin to quarantine while they await your covid test results. You only get moved if you test positive, based on the info provided in other threads.

I didn't read the other thread, but I can tell you firsthand about my current experience.  I'm on the Getaway and tested positive this morning after having symptoms.  I was moved from my 8 fwd balcony to a 9 aft balcony.  I am aware of at least 3 other people who have been moved to 9 aft as well (2 in actual aft balconies, the other two of us are on starboard side, but aft).   The two aft balconies have couples where one tested positive and the other did not, but they are both together.  I do not believe that all the rooms in this area are for isolation.  I think there are well passengers around us, although I don't know that for sure.

I have not heard of any contact tracing being done and no one asked me anything about where I had been on the ship.  While they could be doing some via keycard or video, my feeling is that they aren't doing any.  Honestly, I'm not sure they want to find more cases.  They seem to only test if someone informs them they have symptoms and/or requests to be tested.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2