On board silhouette 4 January 2022. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

My last comments about this cruise

weather perfect—-rained for 10 minutes one day, sun came out, 9 days of sun in the 80s

plenty of chairs on sea days like today

enclosed solarium area empty even on sea days with just a few in the pool and whirlpool 

this would have been one of my favorite cruises if they had all entertainment on board

The food has exceeded all previous ones.  Quality has definitely gotten better 

today for lunch they were carving fresh roasted Turkey and prime rib

yes——PRIME RIB——not roast beef——-really top quality and delicious 

also carving pork loin

They also had a section for shrimp cocktail——-same shrimp on menu for dinner——FYY——shrimp previously frozen and no flavor.  They should do away with their shrimp. same on all Celebrity ships

Recommend Costco fresh shrimp

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chucknmarilyn said:

BTW, it's listed in your app and edocs.

My eDocs for Feb 4 just show “Port Everglades” with no terminal listed.I also don’t see it in my app or on Set Sail pass, but I may have looked in the wrong place. Guess Celebrity is just being consistently inconsistent, as usual.  Not a big issue if they provide proper signage at the Port.

1 hour ago, JaneStarr said:

My eDocs for Feb 4 just show “Port Everglades” with no terminal listed.I also don’t see it in my app or on Set Sail pass, but I may have looked in the wrong place. Guess Celebrity is just being consistently inconsistent, as usual.  Not a big issue if they provide proper signage at the Port.

Interesting. I don't see on my EDocs either. It's normally there. Sorry about that.

On the App it's on the blue bar right above all the onboard options. Says "Welcome Aboard" and there is an arrow to click. 

Could one of you on the ship now please confirm if there are 3 different Le Petit Chef shows & menus on Silhouette?  Le Petit Chef & Family and "seasons" menu is showing on the app on nights 1-3.  However, Celebrity website states this show and menu are only on Apex and Edge.  App says Le Petit Chef & Friends is nights 4-7 and traditional Le Petit Chef nights 8-11.  We are on Feb 13 sailing and trying to choose between 7 and 9 night specialty dining package.  App and website are both notoriously incorrect, so hearing it from a reliable source would be helpful.  Thank you!

5 hours ago, garyg2000 said:

My last comments about this cruise

weather perfect—-rained for 10 minutes one day, sun came out, 9 days of sun in the 80s

plenty of chairs on sea days like today

enclosed solarium area empty even on sea days with just a few in the pool and whirlpool 

this would have been one of my favorite cruises if they had all entertainment on board

The food has exceeded all previous ones.  Quality has definitely gotten better 

today for lunch they were carving fresh roasted Turkey and prime rib

yes——PRIME RIB——not roast beef——-really top quality and delicious 

also carving pork loin

They also had a section for shrimp cocktail——-same shrimp on menu for dinner——FYY——shrimp previously frozen and no flavor.  They should do away with their shrimp. same on all Celebrity ships

Recommend Costco fresh shrimp

Could you tell me what floor Covid patients are on.  Just third or on six too?

45 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Interesting. I don't see on my EDocs either. It's normally there. Sorry about that.

On the App it's on the blue bar right above all the onboard options. Says "Welcome Aboard" and there is an arrow to click. 

Thanks for the tip on where to find it on the app!  It does show Terminal 25 when I clicked that arrow to the right of “Welcome Aboard”.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 6:44 AM, cruisestitch said:

I am taking the cruise next week, I am back to back.  

i hope you enjoyed this cruise and have an easy time tomorrow transitioning to the second one.  I’d love to hear how the testing and whole process goes.  Are you staying in the same cabin? Thanks for all your postings on this thread.  It helps anticipating our Silhouette cruise on February 14th!

13 hours ago, jsblbruce said:

Could one of you on the ship now please confirm if there are 3 different Le Petit Chef shows & menus on Silhouette?  Le Petit Chef & Family and "seasons" menu is showing on the app on nights 1-3.  However, Celebrity website states this show and menu are only on Apex and Edge.  App says Le Petit Chef & Friends is nights 4-7 and traditional Le Petit Chef nights 8-11.  We are on Feb 13 sailing and trying to choose between 7 and 9 night specialty dining package.  App and website are both notoriously incorrect, so hearing it from a reliable source would be helpful.  Thank you!

There is still confusion and I have no definitive answer for you.

42 minutes ago, SandyKnits said:

i hope you enjoyed this cruise and have an easy time tomorrow transitioning to the second one.  I’d love to hear how the testing and whole process goes.  Are you staying in the same cabin? Thanks for all your postings on this thread.  It helps anticipating our Silhouette cruise on February 14th!

I am not changing rooms.

they ask you to register and download a QR code a few days before the first cruise ends.

on the last sea day there is a meeting for B2B passengers — there are 39 of us — and testing takes place immediately after

here are the instructions

FF9F80A4-C31A-4B64-AEFA-E614B1D6ECB5.jpeg

27 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I am not changing rooms.

they ask you to register and download a QR code a few days before the first cruise ends.

on the last sea day there is a meeting for B2B passengers — there are 39 of us — and testing takes place immediately after

here are the instructions

FF9F80A4-C31A-4B64-AEFA-E614B1D6ECB5.jpeg

Good luck with your testing. This question may be too late - are they still offering testing for persons who are doing almost B2B, leaving this ship and getting on another Celebrity ship within the testing window? We leave Silhouette on the 4th and board Reflection on the 5th. We do have a backup test, JIC.

16 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Good luck with your testing. This question may be too late - are they still offering testing for persons who are doing almost B2B, leaving this ship and getting on another Celebrity ship within the testing window? We leave Silhouette on the 4th and board Reflection on the 5th. We do have a backup test, JIC.

Yes, they are.