Any news on the Meraviglia this week?

Morgsmom

19 minutes ago, jamesboat said:

Were on the Jan16th 4-day, are formal nights being done these days on short sailings?

From what I've gathered in others' posts, proper formal nights are largely being omitted at this time.

For myself, however, formal night is any evening ending in "A-Y."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, jamesboat said:

Were on the Jan16th 4-day, are formal nights being done these days on short sailings?

On Meraviglia right now. Last night was "elegant dress" suggested.

So anything goes plus there are so few people it's all really for you to look at yourself.

A majority did don nicer attire than the other nights so far. I am on a 7 night.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Mscdivina2016,

how is it onboard? And have you made any progress dealing with MSC?

Hope you are having a great time..

Empty. No temp checks, no tests,

Zero progress on my issue but that will change after my Seaview cruise in March.

I have now addressed it onboard with 4 people on Seashore, 4 people on Meraviglia and soon to be 4 people on Seaview.

Guess what comes next? 😮😲

Edited by mscdivina2016

7 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Zero progress on my issue but that will change after my Seaview cruise in March.

I have now addressed it onboard with 4 people on Seashore, 4 people on Meraviglia and soon to be 4 people on Seaview.

Are you staying on tomorrow?

15 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Are you staying on tomorrow?

No, actually already home.

Very bad weather today, dropping temps into the 30s.

Will be a terrible 4 night cruise.

OC water will be very cold.

Today is so windy at the port with driving rains.

All deck furniture was removed.

14 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

MSCdivina2016

Do you have any suggestions after talking to your people on the ship? I thought of sending an email to every higher up on that MSC Email message that went out but don’t think they give a crap.

Not sure who even to connect with..

They don't care....at all.

I robo emailed every valid email every 2 hours until IT blocked my IP.

They definitely got them for 12 hours or so.

55 minutes ago, momrox1 said:

Did they test upon arrival at the terminal?

You need your vacine and Covid test before you enter.

Then once in, they test you again and you sit in a numbered group.

Stupid part is they scan a bracelet barcode to see if you passed. Everyone kept wanting to be scanned every 2 minutes.

Once you pass, you go to check in 

14 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

No, actually already home.

Very bad weather today, dropping temps into the 30s.

Will be a terrible 4 night cruise.

OC water will be very cold.

Today is so windy at the port with driving rains.

All deck furniture was removed.

One good thing, the Bahamas weather Monday-Thursday 70 and sunny.

I'll take that.

we just got this,email. Did anyone else get this prior to their cruise??
January 16, 2022

Dear MSC Cruises Guest,
We wish to inform you that thanks to our ongoing MSC Health Protocols, which includes routine monitoring, our ships have seen a limited number of guests and crew members testing positive for COVID-19. As per our protocols, we immediately isolate the positive cases and their close contacts in the section of the ship that is dedicated for this and is separate from the rest of the ship, all in balcony staterooms. The majority who test positive are asymptomatic and those who are symptomatic typically have only mild symptoms. COVID-19 positive guests receive assistance to return home upon the ship’s arrival and the impacted crew are disembarked and well taken care of ashore.
Thanks to our stringent protocols that have been in place since we began sailing in August 2020, our ships go through a complete sanitation process upon return and prior to every embarkation. Thanks to this and our many other protocols, your cruise will continue as planned with no delay to your assigned embarkation time.
Given the recent surge of the Omicron variant, a number of Caribbean destinations are reviewing their protocols, and in some cases, not clearing cruise ships for entry. This may cause changes to your itinerary with very short notice. While we will do our best to preserve your original itinerary, if a change is necessary, we will notify you immediately.
You are receiving this communication as we want you to have the flexibility and all of the information to make the best decision for you and those in your party. We remind you that Cruise with Confidence allows for flexible booking changes up to 48 hours prior to your cruise free of charge. Should you prefer to reschedule your vacation, you may call us at 1-866-420-3584 and we will help you find a new cruise date.
We look forward to you cruising with MSC Cruises. We kindly remind you to respect the onboard measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 by:
  • Wearing a mask indoors at all times unless seated while eating or drinking
  • Maintaining physical distancing of 6 feet or more with people outside of your social bubble
  • Following instructions and guidelines by the crew when required
In case you do have symptoms while on board, please contact our medical facility by dialing 115 immediately and we will assist you on a complimentary basis.
To sail aboard MSC Cruises vessels, travellers who are age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and test negative before boarding. All children (2 years or older), independent of vaccination status must test negative as well. All crew are fully vaccinated and tested weekly.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. The health and safety of all our guests and crew is our top priority. Thanks for choosing to sail with MSC Cruises. 
Sincerely,
MSC Cruises

58 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

we just got this,email. Did anyone else get this prior to their cruise??
January 16, 2022

Dear MSC Cruises Guest,
We wish to inform you that thanks to our ongoing MSC Health Protocols, which includes routine monitoring, our ships have seen a limited number of guests and crew members testing positive for COVID-19. As per our protocols, we immediately isolate the positive cases and their close contacts in the section of the ship that is dedicated for this and is separate from the rest of the ship, all in balcony staterooms. The majority who test positive are asymptomatic and those who are symptomatic typically have only mild symptoms. COVID-19 positive guests receive assistance to return home upon the ship’s arrival and the impacted crew are disembarked and well taken care of ashore.
Thanks to our stringent protocols that have been in place since we began sailing in August 2020, our ships go through a complete sanitation process upon return and prior to every embarkation. Thanks to this and our many other protocols, your cruise will continue as planned with no delay to your assigned embarkation time.
Given the recent surge of the Omicron variant, a number of Caribbean destinations are reviewing their protocols, and in some cases, not clearing cruise ships for entry. This may cause changes to your itinerary with very short notice. While we will do our best to preserve your original itinerary, if a change is necessary, we will notify you immediately.
You are receiving this communication as we want you to have the flexibility and all of the information to make the best decision for you and those in your party. We remind you that Cruise with Confidence allows for flexible booking changes up to 48 hours prior to your cruise free of charge. Should you prefer to reschedule your vacation, you may call us at 1-866-420-3584 and we will help you find a new cruise date.
We look forward to you cruising with MSC Cruises. We kindly remind you to respect the onboard measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 by:
  • Wearing a mask indoors at all times unless seated while eating or drinking
  • Maintaining physical distancing of 6 feet or more with people outside of your social bubble
  • Following instructions and guidelines by the crew when required
In case you do have symptoms while on board, please contact our medical facility by dialing 115 immediately and we will assist you on a complimentary basis.
To sail aboard MSC Cruises vessels, travellers who are age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and test negative before boarding. All children (2 years or older), independent of vaccination status must test negative as well. All crew are fully vaccinated and tested weekly.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. The health and safety of all our guests and crew is our top priority. Thanks for choosing to sail with MSC Cruises. 
Sincerely,
MSC Cruises

Yes we did last week 2 days prior to sailing except, ours offered a full refund as an option.

20 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Hey mscdivina, I realize who you are now. I am the ole boy from MS. It was great talking to you all in the YC lounge!

Hi All,

I am on the upcoming back-to-back 3 & 7 night sailings for Meraviglia this week (Jan 20-23 & Jan 23-30). I've been monitoring the more recent sailings trying to determine how many of the various MSC ships have been allowed to dock at OC. Other than a December sailing, I haven't been able to find much else regarding other dates where MSC was *not* allowed to dock at OC (per Bahamian govt COVID protocols).

If any one knows of a website, discussion, or place I can locate this info I'd gladly appreciate it. OC is the main reason I booked these cruises, and if my sailings won't be able to dock at OC, then I prefer to rebook to later dates/get a refund.

Thanks for the help!

2 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

We are going to wait until noonish Tuesday which if we don’t get a notice on a refund option can still move cruise. We haven’t did web checking of course and have until 6 pm Tuesday.

So you got notification 2 days before the cruise? was it before or after your checking time?

Just ?curious

We left on a Sunday and got it a little after midnight on Friday so you could say late late Thursday night.

1 hour ago, cruisnguy said:

Hi All,

I am on the upcoming back-to-back 3 & 7 night sailings for Meraviglia this week (Jan 20-23 & Jan 23-30). I've been monitoring the more recent sailings trying to determine how many of the various MSC ships have been allowed to dock at OC. Other than a December sailing, I haven't been able to find much else regarding other dates where MSC was *not* allowed to dock at OC (per Bahamian govt COVID protocols).

If any one knows of a website, discussion, or place I can locate this info I'd gladly appreciate it. OC is the main reason I booked these cruises, and if my sailings won't be able to dock at OC, then I prefer to rebook to later dates/get a refund.

Thanks for the help!

The Bahamas government backed off the 2 day prior to arrival policy so it should be easier now.

It's the weather that you need to worry about more.

• Like 1