Onboard Riviera Jan. 4

Nymich

1 hour ago, Nymich said:

Yes.....I brought the barcode that has the number.  They asked for it first stop inside the testing tent.  After they get that they steer you to your test area.  Then you go sit by the TV screen and wait for your number to show up.  Once that number comes on the screen you check out of the tent and go to terminal j next door.

Thanks for all the awesome first hand information. Where was your luggage before stopping inside the testing tent? Was luggage dropped off with the porter’s first, just taking your hand luggage with you? Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Smooth Seas!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Previous post said no mask at pool if eating or drinking. Does that mean you need a mask if sitting at pool and reading? Trying to decide whether to cancel 2/7 cruise. 
We cruised 12/3 Riviera and there were no mask requirements whatsoever so your daily updates are very helpful….thanks so much!!!

Good question I did not pay attention to who may have been reading.  Right now it's so windy that the steps to the upper decks are closed off and lounge chairs are not around the pool.  Barbados arrival is for 1pm.

1 minute ago, seawitch1 said:

Thanks for all the awesome first hand information. Where was your luggage before stopping inside the testing tent? Was luggage dropped off with the porter’s first, just taking your hand luggage with you? Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Smooth Seas!

Yes we dropped bags first with porter and then tested. We did have our carry on.

19 minutes ago, Nymich said:

Right now it's so windy that the steps to the upper decks are closed off and lounge chairs are not around the pool.  Barbados arrival is for 1pm.

Taken at 11am Ship time.  Wind blew me into a stumble!  Lol

20220109_090310.jpg

20220109_090217.jpg

20220109_090241.jpg

Edited by StandbySea
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 3:05 PM, slw207693 said:

Would any of those currently onboard like to meet at Barristas on Sunday at 9:30 am  before we get to Barbados to put faces to cruise critic id?

Sarah, nice meeting you today. Thanks for the advice as well. 

58 minutes ago, StandbySea said:

Taken at 11am Ship time.  Wind blew me into a stumble!  Lol

20220109_090310.jpg

20220109_090217.jpg

20220109_090241.jpg

Things have filled up with sunbathers now...filled quick..steps and certain outside upper decks still closed off including soa terrace in front..closed off as per usual when too windy still.  

49 minutes ago, StandbySea said:

Things have filled up with sunbathers now...filled quick..steps and certain outside upper decks still closed off including soa terrace in front..closed off as per usual when too windy still.  

Is there still a pickleball (paddle tennis) court on the top deck?  Thanks!

23 hours ago, slw207693 said:

Yes, self serve laundry open.  Hubby there for first time ever acquaintance with machine!  

change of meeting place for tomorrow morning at Barista's.     Riviera concerned that large numbers may show up and asked to meet in Horizons.   Same tim-  9:30 am, Sunday, Jan 9th.   How about near the statue in the middle near the dance floor?

Had Odyssey menu last night in LaReserve.   Juni, Abigale, Sandra and Catherine are a well oiled machine and the enthusiasm they bring made for a magical evening.   Juni is well spoken and knowledgeable about the wines.   I’ve attached the menu that also shows the wines paired and vintage.   If you haven’t booked, I’d rush to reservations and get it booked. You won’t be disappointed.  

98E6CFEB-D1C7-4CBA-8DD1-B817358E1900.jpeg

Do you have pictures of the dishes of this menu?  We are interested to make reservation on our up coming cruise.  Thank you. 

35 minutes ago, travelbug2225 said:

Do you have pictures of the dishes of this menu?  We are interested to make reservation on our up coming cruise.  Thank you. 

From the Dec 3rd cruise  Forgot to take pic of Floating Island and had already started to eat the Veal Wellington ( very tasty) before I remembered to take a picture.

Picture of Risotto doesn't look like much but it was delicious and generally I don't care that much for Risotto

Foie Gras was excellent but I wish they would pair it with watermelon like they used to do on the Connoisseur menu

The Brie de Meaux  cheese  used in the Poached pear is lovely.

The only disappointment was the Lobster Cassoulet with sea urchin foam was very fishy tasting.- I know it is seafood but I have had something very similar on previous menus that I enjoyed.  Maybe it was just an off night for that dish.

Thought the picture names would appear but I don't see it.  The order of these pictures are last dish down to first dish.

Napolean of Poached Williams Pear.jpg

Veal Wellington Tenderloin.jpg

Portobello Mushroom Risotto.jpg

Lobster Cassoulet with sea urchin foam.jpg

Foie Gras with Pineapple.jpg

Odyssey Menu  Scallop on a hot rock.jpg

Edited by cruisingxpert
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, travelbug2225 said:

Unfortunately did not bring any camera only appetite.   I can assure you, the two La Reserve meals have been the best food on board Riviera and the team running it top notch.   Juni, the head waiter in La Reserve, is knowledgeable and attentive and misses nothing.    Enjoy!   

22 hours ago, AEKMCK said:

Just a note to say how much we appreciate you taking the time to keep us informed of progress on this cruise 

We are booked for March 08 and travelling from Ireland and your constant information is a great help in making us decide if it is worthwhile to risk the journey in these difficult times

Thank you so much and enjoy the remainder of your cruise 

well deserved🥂

I'll second that! Mr. Rogers' mother said to look for you.😉 Thank you Nymich. You help has been much appreciated by us and many others. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ToxM said:

Oh that’s a nice idea, I am thinking it must be new as I remember Baristas closing around 6ish in the old times? 

It is the renovated space that used to be the computer center adjacent to the baristas. I don't know what time it closes but we regularly went up there after dinner to enjoy a coffee. We appreciated the opportunity to unwind in a nice quiet spot.

Huge consideration to cruising right now or in next few weeks.  On top is the cruise we booked and below is what we are trying for. We received the new itinerary one day prior by email January 3.

16417593812943536110685022110886.jpg

16417594313143513958372043065843.jpg

Just now, macaroni said:

Any talk yet on your following cruise itinerary? 

I was told by manager pretty high up that they were not sure yet and would finalize by the 13th.  He told me that 2 days ago..  From what I read I am safer here and eating like a King!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nymich said:

Huge consideration to cruising right now or in next few weeks.  On top is the cruise we booked and below is what we are trying for. We received the new itinerary one day prior by email January 3.

It really is a huge consideration.  Our 12/3 cruise went to GSC, St. Martin, St. Barts, Antigua, St. Lucia + 3 sea days.  Our 2/7 cruise is Southern Carib, totally different, but not holding out hope it will be. Cruise has 4 sea days scheduled.....more would be disappointing, as would a revisit of GSC.  The hours in port are also lacking.....leave St. Thomas at Noon and St. Martin at 3 PM, arrive Barbados at 1 PM.  Can't believe they aren't able to notify passengers somewhat earlier regarding changes. 

I agree you are fed and treated royally.  The best!!!  Had we not cruised last month, we would have gone regardless of port changes, but now leaning toward cancelling.  Will try to wait until last minute.....hopefully some clarity from O.  

Again, your updates and info are so appreciated by all.  Be well and enjoy remainder of cruise.

28 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

It really is a huge consideration.  Our 12/3 cruise went to GSC, St. Martin, St. Barts, Antigua, St. Lucia + 3 sea days.  Our 2/7 cruise is Southern Carib, totally different, but not holding out hope it will be. Cruise has 4 sea days scheduled.....more would be disappointing, as would a revisit of GSC.  The hours in port are also lacking.....leave St. Thomas at Noon and St. Martin at 3 PM, arrive Barbados at 1 PM.  Can't believe they aren't able to notify passengers somewhat earlier regarding changes. 

I agree you are fed and treated royally.  The best!!!  Had we not cruised last month, we would have gone regardless of port changes, but now leaning toward cancelling.  Will try to wait until last minute.....hopefully some clarity from O.  

Again, your updates and info are so appreciated by all.  Be well and enjoy remainder of cruise.

I kind of understand the predicament that O is in.  The islands are readjusting to deal with all this and it makes it real tough for O to pick or stick to any schedule.  On a plus side we are 3 for 3 so far on this revamped itinerary.  It has given us a chance to hit the beach and stretch our legs.

Things will look much different by 2/7 as a month is a long time right now.  In which direction?  I have no idea but they will be alot different imo.

We last cruised 11/21 and this is a alot different from 5-6 weeks ago.  I think O is doing all they can do but are at the mercy of the local island governments.

• Thanks 2