MSc refund please help

SandyBeach3044

I need some information friends .  My Aunt had a cruise booked with MSC for her 60th birthday with her 2 daughters that she paid for in full  that was suppose to take place right when his whole pandemic took place.  All cruises were then cancelled right before her cruise which was weeks away.  She tried then to get her money back at that time and because she was Canadian they were not giving refunds at that time.  They told her she was not able to get back until Dec 2021 which is very confusing.  Well we are now passed the 2 year wait.  Well in that 2 year wait my Aunt has passed away due to Covid on May 9th 2021 on Mother’s Day 😢.   I am trying to help her daughters to get their money back.  I was wondering if anyone else has ever had a similar situation and how they went about it.  They can’t get in there Mother’s email the don’t know her password to get any of the confirmation numbers or anything .  I just hope MSC does not give them a hard time to get there Mother’s money back.  Any advice would be helpful .  

29 minutes ago, SandyBeach3044 said:

I need some information friends .  My Aunt had a cruise booked with MSC for her 60th birthday with her 2 daughters that she paid for in full  that was suppose to take place right when his whole pandemic took place.  All cruises were then cancelled right before her cruise which was weeks away.  She tried then to get her money back at that time and because she was Canadian they were not giving refunds at that time.  They told her she was not able to get back until Dec 2021 which is very confusing.  Well we are now passed the 2 year wait.  Well in that 2 year wait my Aunt has passed away due to Covid on May 9th 2021 on Mother’s Day 😢.   I am trying to help her daughters to get their money back.  I was wondering if anyone else has ever had a similar situation and how they went about it.  They can’t get in there Mother’s email the don’t know her password to get any of the confirmation numbers or anything .  I just hope MSC does not give them a hard time to get there Mother’s money back.  Any advice would be helpful .  

Who ever is the executor can contact the email and they will obtain the booking numbers or give them access to the account.

I have done that personally to get info on investment accounts.

What the rep did was set me up as the recovery email. I had his smart phone so when I went into the email I chose forgot

password and used the recovery account option. I had his smart phone so I could see the code come in. I did not have to unlock it as it popped up on screen even though I could get password for it if needed.

15 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

You could try emailing the COO, ken.muskat@msccruisesusa.com to help. 

Negative ghost rider.  I tried that as a last recourse while waiting for our FCC for 16 months.  Not even an acknowledgment.

17 hours ago, SandyBeach3044 said:

All I can say is sorry for your loss.  You are right, those original, unused FCCs were to be refunded if not used by 12/31.  As much as I hate to say, maybe give it a bit more time since we just passed that date.

There was a large thread for those of us cancelled in March 2020 waiting for FCC.  After 16 months we got ours and was more or less correct.  We used most of it in September so don't have much left.

I don't know how many here fell into the refund state for unused fcc, but based on most of us hardcore cruisers, I would think most of us used it up so probably few reports of people getting that 12/31 refund.

Two days after sending my email, I received an email response from someone who was handling my issue.  My missing obc was immediately returned to my account. 

Doesn’t cost anything to try. My email to him was short but I included all the necessary documents to make my case.