Quarantine Cabins on Enchantment?

hllwdcruiser

Can anyone enlighten me on what cabins are currently being used on the Enchantment for quarantine? I seem to remember someone mentioning that they were mid aft on Dolphin, but newer posts indicate that they are aft on Royal Class ships.

We have D702 booked for the February 28th sailing, and someone just posted they were moved only 10 days out from that same cabin on the Majestic.

I have a do not upgrade on the booking because I booked it specifically for the balcony size. 

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I will assume that you mean Enchanted Princess and not Enchantment of the Seas. 🙂

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2822284-lost-our-favorite-cabin-to-covid/ there is a nice discussion in progress here.

Yes thanks! - I've been a little brain dead lately...

I saw that linked thread which is why I asked about Enchanted - I just want to be proactive rather than reactive if they change our cabin....

Edited by hllwdcruiser

Well I was just Bumped from my Enchanted  Mid Ship BA  Balcony today and told in the email covid Following operational guidelines from the US Centers for Disease Control, we changed the location of your stateroom... I cry foul!!! It was a nice bump out balcony at the Panoramic elevators... and they put me in a handycap room...STILL holding for guest relations...almost 2 hours...

10 minutes ago, cyndyga said:

Well I was just Bumped from my Enchanted  Mid Ship BA  Balcony today and told in the email covid Following operational guidelines from the US Centers for Disease Control, we changed the location of your stateroom... I cry foul!!! It was a nice bump out balcony at the Panoramic elevators... and they put me in a handycap room...STILL holding for guest relations...almost 2 hours...

Do you think they clearing cabins around the elevators? When are you sailing? 

Edited by Buckeye10640

2 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Do you think they clearing cabins around the elevators? When are you sailing? 

Not sure that could be? It was resolved to my satisfaction another midship balcony...just another deck...I didn't want to utilize a handicap room someone might need. I do feel Princess tries very hard to make guests satisfied. I think their customer service dept. is very accommodating especially in these Covid times.  Its the hold times that make me crazy...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cyndyga said:

Not sure that could be? It was resolved to my satisfaction another midship balcony...just another deck...I didn't want to utilize a handicap room someone might need. I do feel Princess tries very hard to make guests satisfied. I think their customer service dept. is very accommodating especially in these Covid times.  Its the hold times that make me crazy...

I'm glad that they resolved it to your satisfaction. The problem is waiting on hold for hours just to speak to someone. What deck were you originally on? When are you sailing?

Got off Enchanted Princess last week. The port side mid deck area on Dolphin deck is the quarantine area. We were on starboard mid ship Dolphin deck and getting off the main or Panorama elevators you could not enter port side. The fire doors remained closed the whole cruise. I never got confused where my room was and felt very safe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 12:36 PM, back to the islands said:

Got off Enchanted Princess last week. The port side mid deck area on Dolphin deck is the quarantine area. We were on starboard mid ship Dolphin deck and getting off the main or Panorama elevators you could not enter port side. The fire doors remained closed the whole cruise. I never got confused where my room was and felt very safe. 

Thanks for this. We've often been aft on Royal Class ships and are used to using the aft stairs/elevators to get where we need to go - two flights down to 7 and then across to midship or straight all the way up to Lido. We get back to our cabin the same way but in reverse.

We are on Port side but pretty far aft, so hopefully our cabin won't be changed. I tried asking via Princess Chat but they were unable to determine what cabins will be used at the end of February.

On 1/7/2022 at 10:26 AM, Turk1 said:

Cyndaga,

What cabin were you in before they bumped you?

I was in D725 ... and I am still on Dolphin deck I guess just other side... but I did notice today they are still selling the deluxe balconys on both sides D403 -D412

On 1/7/2022 at 12:36 PM, back to the islands said:

Hmm that doesn't make sense since I was on the starboard side D725 and I was able to move to D410 Love the Big Balcony...If the fire doors are closed on the port side and that's a quarantine area I will pass and just settle for a regular size balcony on another floor... I wonder who you would call that would be able to tell you what the quarantine area for your sail date would be...??

37 minutes ago, cyndyga said:

Hmm that doesn't make sense since I was on the starboard side D725 and I was able to move to D410 Love the Big Balcony...If the fire doors are closed on the port side and that's a quarantine area I will pass and just settle for a regular size balcony on another floor... I wonder who you would call that would be able to tell you what the quarantine area for your sail date would be...??

I was in D409 for the Christmas cruise and when you exited the center elevators the fire door was closed port. Forward and aft were open, I think. They may change it from cruise to cruise. Yes, I loved my balcony and spent a lot of time out there!

Edited by back to the islands
misspoke
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, back to the islands said:

I was in D409 for the Christmas cruise and when you exited the center elevators the fire door was closed starboard. Forward and aft were open, I think. They may change it from cruise to cruise. Yes, I loved my balcony and spent a lot of time out there!

I'm confused haha I thought you meant the port fire doors closed as port side was quarantine area and you were starboard?  Ok saw correction But I started starboard... I want easy access to room so don't want to be on the closed side... I think I'll call and see if they can clarify 🙂 thanks for the info.

Edited by cyndyga

And I started in D425 not 725... I read on other ships Majestic its more towards the aft and one of the aft sides shut I read... that makes more sense to me than closing Mid ship elevator side and using mid ship rooms for quarantine...

5 hours ago, cyndyga said:

I tried to contact Princess to find this out - but they weren't able to find that information for me.

There's a thread going on right now with someone onboard for the next 20 days - I'll ask if they are willing to check.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I tried to contact Princess to find this out - but they weren't able to find that information for me.

There's a thread going on right now with someone onboard for the next 20 days - I'll ask if they are willing to check.

Thanks! I don't sail till end of March so hopefully by then they only need a few cabins and hopefully they close another fire door and not the mid... 

17 minutes ago, back to the islands said:

That's what was blocked off for my Christmas cruise, as well. Glad I haven't totally lost it yet!

24 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

@nptss just answered my query on the current sailing - quarantine cabins are port side and forward

I think I misspoke - which I seem to be doing lately.... staying up too late. I think it is closed off on starboard side forward. It seems like they may be changing it from cruise to cruise. Why wouldn't they keep the same cabins for quarantine? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by hllwdcruiser
  • Like 1