Cancellation policy with old FCC

hulamoon

I just got off the phone after waiting a long time to verify what happens if we cancel. I was told if I cancel an April sailing that has old FCC of about 800 on it that it must be rebooked by May 4th and sailed in by May 31 2022. However at one time she said that it would be a year from cancellation date. I would appreciate confirmation or clarity if anyone has kept up to date more than I have.

The rest of the 1800 deposit would be on a one year from sailing date reuse and I would have the 200 penalty. If I cancel after last payment it is likely the same as above but at first she said all of the FCC goes until one year. 

Thanks for confirmation or clarity. 

19 hours ago, hulamoon said:

I just got off the phone after waiting a long time to verify what happens if we cancel. I was told if I cancel an April sailing that has old FCC of about 800 on it that it must be rebooked by May 4th and sailed in by May 31 2022. However at one time she said that it would be a year from cancellation date. I would appreciate confirmation or clarity if anyone has kept up to date more than I have.

The rest of the 1800 deposit would be on a one year from sailing date reuse and I would have the 200 penalty. If I cancel after last payment it is likely the same as above but at first she said all of the FCC goes until one year. 

Thanks for confirmation or clarity. 

If you cancel a cruise that was reserved with a FCC, the FCC is re-activated with a new use-by date.  If you cancel a cruise that was not reserved with any FCC, then you get a new FCC with a use by date one year from the cancelled cruise date. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

If you cancel a cruise that was reserved with a FCC, the FCC is re-activated with a new use-by date.  If you cancel a cruise that was not reserved with any FCC, then you get a new FCC with a use by date one year from the cancelled cruise date. 

Pickles, I like your name. If my FCC was part of payment then Celebrity rep was incorrect and the use by date reverts to a year from cancelled cruise departure. Is this what you are saying? They told me I would have to reuse the part expiring in May 2022  within 40 days. I hope you are right otherwise, that's a lot of money to lose. Is it the same, cancelling before final payment and after?

Edited by hulamoon

From a Celebrity rep; if you have a cruise that was paid for with your FCC and, you cancel, the (old) FCC is re-instated.  My cruise is for March, 2022, and if I cancel,  I have to book a new cruise  to sail no later than September, 2022.  If you have a cruise reserved and was paid for without any FCC, and you cancel, you get an FCC for a cruise to sail one year from your cancelled cruise.  As for before or after final payment, I simply do not know. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m in a similar situation, but was told I had a year from the date of the cruise I cancelled. My FCC was from a May 2020 cruise X cancelled. I used it to book a January 2021 cruise which was cancelled and I Lifted and Shifted to January 2022. I cancelled that cruise for multiple reasons and booked a January 2023 cruise which I was told I could use my FCC for. I received an email with an FCC for a small amount that was the balance due after using original FCC from 2020. I haven’t received an email for the larger amount of FCC we used. Has anyone else experienced this? It’s only been 3 weeks so I haven’t reached out to X yet.