JS and Coast Kitchen

ihopfar

We have our first JS booked on the Odyssey of the Seas in Feb 2023.

I am curious what the experience has been being able to get dinner reservations in Coastal Kitchen from a JS.   What is the process for requesting it?   What drives if we will be able to get reservations?     How many nights have folks been able to get reservations for?

I know things are "different" at the moment, but I am hopeful things will be closer to normal by February of next year, so I guess I am looking for pre-COVID experiences.

Thanks!

Brad

Edited by ihopfar

Pre-covid, there was no Odyssey.

On Anthem and Quantum and Ovation (like Odyssey), the host's podium is outside the entrance to Coastal Kitchen.  You speak to that person and ask about availability.  You won't have your answer until you ask that question.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

On Anthem and Quantum (like Odyssey), the host's podium is outside the entrance to Coastal Kitchen.  You speak to that person and ask about availability.  You won't have your answer until you ask that question.

Do you have to ask each day you would like a reservation, or can you request the days you want for the whole sailing on day 1?

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

On Anthem and Quantum and Ovation (like Odyssey), the host's podium is outside the entrance to Coastal Kitchen.  You speak to that person and ask about availability.  You won't have your answer until you ask that question.

To add to that (as I would have posted the same thing), we've always gotten availability early- so if you are willing to eat just after they open, you should be able to get a seat.

We've made reservations for the whole week on the first day.

Edited by alfaeric
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

To add to that (as I would have posted the same thing), we've always gotten availability early- so if you are willing to eat just after they open, you should be able to get a seat.

We've made reservations for the whole week on the first day.

Same here, first day as soon as you board.  Your talking a year away so things may change but I suspect right now with ships going back to reduced capacity getting in should be pretty simple over the next couple months or so.

We were on the Odyssey last month and made our reservations the first day onboard.

I think we went to Coastal Kitchen four nights although reservations were wide open all week.

Edited by Mary&Jim