Allure of the seas January 8 - live ish

2 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Solarium is the only tolerable place outside right now.. And even that is iffy with the wind and cool temp, but we're parked here for at least the time being. They said we can expect another update around 9 or so. My guess is that we'll start heading to Nassau. It's a weird feeling sitting at the dock but feeling the waves and the vibration from the thrusters to keep us near the dock

20220114_083638.thumb.jpg.f62c358fe293d37f3a44484a3ccb976b.jpg

Like you sexy legs 😁. How warm is it out there?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mrneva said:

Agree. Did one in Jan from New York to The Bahamas. Sailed past a snowstorm by the Atlantic coast. It was like 30F or -1C outside and with wind driven snow blowing sideway. Ship was rocking. Our balcony window was frozen. Also the shorter day is not fun. Much less time to enjoy the sun. 
Never sail in dead of winter again. 

Yeah.  I have family that would sail in January every year (and every other month too - lol).  They always reported the worst weather in those Jan cruises.  Sea sickness, cold, canceled port stops, etc.  I never understood why they would go every year just to have a bad cruise.  

3 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

It's still windy in here, and maybe 70. I'm chilly but being from Wisconsin, still a decent day lol 

Where in Wisconsin?  

if convenient can you check on that Negra Modelo? The dark one, not the especial.  The used to have it in sabor and boleros.  I’d love to know if they still have it.  

topnole, I agree with you on it being normal for this time of year. We are booked for 2/19  &  since booking I’ve  been worried that it will be too chilly and too windy.  We once cruised on 2/16 some yrs ago. I was very worried that time since it was very chilly in Nassau, the first stop. Further south it was warmer so that worked out. At times we have cruised about three weeks into March and experienced high winds. Been in very high seas before near the Cook Is. Both scary yet fun, lol! I  sure hope we get warmer weather and less wind than you. I prefer to see the water splashing over the bow on Deadliest Catch (one of my favorite shows!). Already got my Bonine packed! 😉

Really bummed to read things are not going well with ports on your current Allure sailing.   Hopefully everything else is going well on board and you are all staying healthy and not being singled out to quarantine.

We are booked to sail on the Allure next week and I am just curious, how is the experience considering what you paid.  While I realize it is warmer there than anywhere in the US, and apparently there are only about 2,000 people on a 6,000 capacity ship (GREAT!), If you had it to do over, and know what you know now, would you do it again or postpone?

Thanks in advance for replies! 

8 minutes ago, akcruze2 said:

Really bummed to read things are not going well with ports on your current Allure sailing.   Hopefully everything else is going well on board and you are all staying healthy and not being singled out to quarantine.

We are booked to sail on the Allure next week and I am just curious, how is the experience considering what you paid.  While I realize it is warmer there than anywhere in the US, and apparently there are only about 2,000 people on a 6,000 capacity ship (GREAT!), If you had it to do over, and know what you know now, would you do it again or postpone?

Thanks in advance for replies! 

We would do it again. It's been a good cruise. You just have to be open to port changes right now because of covid or weather. Coco cay was weather related, so I wouldn't count that as a missed port because of covid. We plan on doing oasis in about a month. 

• Like 5

On 1/8/2022 at 9:30 AM, Upper Bob said:

My son and his two friends are already onboard (on by noon) for today's sailing and he said there were no lines at all. Their cruise cards are in the room which will not be ready until 2:00 pm, so limited access to any food and drink.

On our recent cruise we just used our set sail passes until rooms were opened. Full access to bars and charging.