Big (or Small) news

BaumD

What I wish ACL would do is merge their sister company Pearl Seas Cruises (which does the Great Lakes) into their own brand, similar to what American Queen Voyages has recently done with Victory Cruise Lines.  More to the point, I wish that by doing so that ACL offers a wider choice of itineraries on the Great Lakes, such as one similar to Undiscovered Great Lakes (focusing almost exclusively on Lake Superior) that I am taking with Viking in May 2023.  ACL, are reading this?

2 hours ago, Globalfish said:

What I wish ACL would do is merge their sister company Pearl Seas Cruises (which does the Great Lakes) into their own brand, similar to what American Queen Voyages has recently done with Victory Cruise Lines.  More to the point, I wish that by doing so that ACL offers a wider choice of itineraries on the Great Lakes, such as one similar to Undiscovered Great Lakes (focusing almost exclusively on Lake Superior) that I am taking with Viking in May 2023.  ACL, are reading this?

The reason ACL won't fold Pearl Seas into the one brand, is that ACL is US flagged vessels, and Pearl Mist is foreign flag.  This complicates the tax situation for ACL, so it is easier to keep the brands separate.  As for Viking, they are still learning the ropes on North American cruises, as when they ran into the problems of people booking their Great Lakes cruises back to back and finding that this violates Canada's Coastal Shipping Act (similar to US PVSA).

• 6 months later...