GoDoc Testing Available At Port Thru 2/28/2022

Syracusefan44

Princess updated their health protocols yesterday and have extended the in port testing thru GoDoc until 2/28/2022.

It was very easy to sign up for a test but the only issue I had was it says the test will be billed to your onboard account yet GoDoc charged me $200 when I signed up for the test this morning.

9460F6FC-A47F-43BF-94A3-B3C22B9C73CA.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Princess updated their health protocols yesterday and have extended the in port testing thru GoDoc until 2/28/2022.

It was very easy to sign up for a test but the only issue I had was it says the test will be billed to your onboard account yet GoDoc charged me $200 when I signed up for the test this morning.

9460F6FC-A47F-43BF-94A3-B3C22B9C73CA.jpeg

WOW!  I would cancel this and order the eMed or other proctored test service.  There is no way to predict what the testing availability will be for your cruises in February but having the proctored self-testing product would be less expensive.  That's what we did (ordered in November for Jan 16 cruise)

1 hour ago, awhcruiser said:

I wonder why they aren't testing through March of 2022?

The extended the in porting testing yesterday from January 9th until February 28th.  

I assume Princess will extend this contract into March sometime in February. 

3 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

WOW!  I would cancel this and order the eMed or other proctored test service.  There is no way to predict what the testing availability will be for your cruises in February but having the proctored self-testing product would be less expensive.  That's what we did (ordered in November for Jan 16 cruise)

People have run into problems with the eMed tests. If you run into problems, you have to quickly find another testing site. I think the GoDoc would have less problems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

The extended the in porting testing yesterday from January 9th until February 28th.  

I assume Princess will extend this contract into March sometime in February. 

I agree. They will re-evaluate when the time is necessary.

13 minutes ago, Coral said:

People have run into problems with the eMed tests. If you run into problems, you have to quickly find another testing site. I think the GoDoc would have less problems.

Oh no!!  This is the first I am hearing of this!!!  What are the problems???  We are planning to do our eMed testing at our hotel in San Francisco in 5 days!  Yikes!!  Any insight appreciated!!  Thank you!!

10 minutes ago, MishelleMcc said:

Oh no!!  This is the first I am hearing of this!!!  What are the problems???  We are planning to do our eMed testing at our hotel in San Francisco in 5 days!  Yikes!!  Any insight appreciated!!  Thank you!!

It wasn't working at the end of December with the latest version of iOS devices, some kits came with no liquid in the Reagent bottle (thus the test won't work), if anyone's internet connection is interrupted, the test is null and void. Also, stupid things like if for some reason something goes wrong during the test - you knock the camera out of view for a few seconds during the test, it is also considered null and void. There is also the chance that you could get an inconclusive result.

I would also make sure you don't have any calls during that time period if using your phone.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Coral said:

We used the eMEd tests for our cruise in November and they worked perfectly. We had 4 people test and no one had problems. 2 of us tested before our 6 am flight to FLL and 2 waited to test at the hotel after arriving in FLL. We are planning to use the eMEd tests again for our cruise in April. We did purchase one extra test kit per person in case something happened with one of our test kits but again our kits were fine and we had no problems. I’d be more concerned about a vendor not having a test kit available right now and canceling at the last minute since tests are in short supply. I’ve heard many reports from people who had their tests at CVS canceled because they didn’t have test kits available. I like having the eMed tests in hand so I don’t have to worry about a site being out of tests. I just ordered my tests this week from Optum for my April cruise and they will be here on Monday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KLM3164 said:

We used the eMEd tests for our cruise in November and they worked perfectly. We had 4 people test and no one had problems. 2 of us tested before our 6 am flight to FLL and 2 waited to test at the hotel after arriving in FLL. We are planning to use the eMEd tests again for our cruise in April. We did purchase one extra test kit per person in case something happened with one of our test kits but again our kits were fine and we had no problems. I’d be more concerned about a vendor not having a test kit available right now and canceling at the last minute since tests are in short supply. I’ve heard many reports from people who had their tests at CVS canceled because they didn’t have test kits available. I like having the eMed tests in hand so I don’t have to worry about a site being out of tests. I just ordered my tests this week from Optum for my April cruise and they will be here on Monday. 

I just know people who depended on them and it didn't work. I suggest people have a Plan B. There have been posts on this board that indicate such also.

Glad it worked for you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coral said:

I just know people who depended on them and it didn't work. I suggest people have a Plan B. There have been posts on this board that indicate such also.

Glad it worked for you!

I do agree it’s best to have a plan B and we did indeed have one. We had free appointments that we could cancel if something went wrong with the eMed tests. As soon as we got our results we canceled our plan B tests. 

I actually hope I don’t need the tests I just bought for our April cruise. Really hoping the testing goes away by then🤞.

• Like 1

Just now, KLM3164 said:

I do agree it’s best to have a plan B and we did indeed have one. We had free appointments that we could cancel if something went wrong with the eMed tests. As soon as we got our results we canceled our plan B tests. 

I actually hope I don’t need the tests I just bought for our April cruise. Really hoping the testing goes away by then🤞.

I think testing is only going to get worse. My employer used to accept rapid tests, they now want PCR tests.

After reading of the problems with the eMed tests - I switched to other tests and used eMed as my last resort. Thankfully I didn't have to use it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MishelleMcc said:

WOW!  Thank you all for your replies!  Going to try to set up appointments for next week (thursday) as a back up.  THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

If you are coming into SF I’d suggest scheduling plan B for CVS, Walgreens or at the SFO. When we set up our plan B we looked for places that were either free or didn’t require payment up front. That way we could cancel once we got our results with eMed. Good luck and let us know how things work out. 

For what it is worth, I’ve personally taken 3 of the eMed tests now and haven’t had a problem with any of them. We did a practice test, then the real test and I did another one when we returned home (although I didn’t do the proctor on this one). There are several videos on YouTube that show you exactly how to do the test and I found these helpful. I’d personally recommend the one done by Tony of La Lido Loca.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are on the Regal and going over to the Sky Princess immediately when our cruise here is done. We were given a form to sign up for the testing at the dock prior to getting on the Sky. For us it is supposed to be green bt when registering on the GoMed form we got to the point when the asked for a credit card ($100 per person). We went to to the Circle Cruise person and they are trying to find out what we need to do. Gee I you would  think they would have sorted this out for transferring passengers. Oh well t will get done and they have until the 22nd to take care of it. Personally we think for those “hopping” over to another cruise on the same day it should be done on the current ship.

• Like 1