Recent Oasis passengers….I have questions…

2 hours ago, sandycruzr said:

Hi, I am

looking to here about current passenger count and onboard experience from

any recent Oasis passengers. 
Thank you so

much!

I'm interested in this too.  We are scheduled to do b2b Feb 20 and 27th

I was a passenger on Oasis for a back to back in December, prior to the arrival of Omicron.  Here are some comments.

1. The ice show is excellent. I attended twice, even though the performances were identical.

2. The water show is nice.  The music is very loud and a member of the cruise director's staff confided to a group of us that the music volume was troublesome to some passengers staying in staterooms overlooking the boardwalk.

3. Cats is polarizing.  Some began walking out after 10 minutes; others loved it.  

4. I attended shows without making any advance reservations.

5. I enjoyed the Solarium for relaxing on sea days.  There is a choice between sunshine and shade.  No guests under the age of 16 are permitted.  It was peaceful and quiet.

6. The Solarium and the Park Cafe are good alternatives to the Windjammer for breakfast.  The Solarium has more food choices.

7. The Kummelweck sandwich at the Park Cafe seemed to deteriorate in quality as the voyage went on.  I don't know if they changed the quality of the beef.

8. I had all my dinners in the main dining room. I thought the food and service were fine.  

9. In the main dining room,  ask for the "secret" menu items, savory bites (grape sized kaiser rolls with poppy seeds) and chilled fruit soups.

10. I rode the free Coral Way Trolley from my Coral Gables hotel onto Dodge Island.  Six other passengers joined us on Biscayne Boulevard at Bayside Marketplace.  It is a 20 minute walk, rolling your suitcase, from the closest trolley stop to Terminal A, where the Oasis docks.

11 There were 3870 passengers for the first week, and 3860 passengers for the second week.  205 passengers (5%) were back to back for both weeks.  I do not know if Royal has reduced the numbers in response to Omicron.

12. With only 3870 passengers and no other ship present, it was not crowded at Coco Cay.  I enjoyed the Coco Cay Waterpark Slides for the Black Friday sale price of $44.  I would not pay more than that. During the second week's visit to Coco Cay, I spent my time in and around the lagoon. 

13. On Coco Cay, the crispy chicken sandwich at the Shack is excellent.

14. Onboard water slides and Ultimate Abyss were nice, and free (but not as exciting as the water slides on Coco Cay).  

15. If you are a back to back cruiser, please be sure that the front desk knows of your status.

16. On the final day of the first week, we were given free Covid tests in the afternoon.  They promised to email the results to us by 7:30 pm.  I asked the staff how I would be able to access my test results sent via email since I had not purchased their zillion dollars per day internet package. They were unprepared to deal with that scenario.  They promised to slide the results under my stateroom door.

17. When I had not received the Covid test results by late Saturday night, I asked at the front desk.  Their response was to tell me that I must have had a favorable Covid test result since nobody had arrived to take me into custody.  When I asked how I was to provide documentation of my Covid-free test result, they told me not to worry, that no documentation was needed, that it was all in my records.

18. On Sunday, the back to back passengers were all gathered at 9:00 am in the main dining room where we were served juice and pastries.  I am told that the gathering location is usually the theater.  Once they had reached "zero count" (everyone except us was off the ship except for us), we were marched off the ship (surrendering our week 1 cruise card), marched into the terminal, perfunctorily marched through customs, waited for 10 minutes at which time we were given our week 2 cruise card, and marched back onto the ship.  Our week 1 cruise cards were returned to us by delivery to the stateroom a few days into the second week's voyage.

19. I did not change staterooms between voyages.  I do not know how the process worked for those passengers who did change staterooms.  Although I kept the same stateroom, Royal changed my stateroom attendant for the second week.

20. Because of the quadruple loyalty points I received for the first voyage, I moved up one loyalty class for the second voyage.  My week 2 cruise card did not show the change in loyalty class because the week 2 cruise card was printed prior to my account having been credited with the points from the week 1 voyage.  That necessitated a visit to the Crown and Anchor office which updated my records and placed a sticker with my new status on my week 2 cruise card.

21. At Roatan Island, Honduras, I received a very good tour from a company called Rony's Tours and a guide/driver named Arnold.  I visited the monkeys and sloths at Manawakie Park and I enjoyed that visit.

22. If you attend trivia contests, they twice used week one's questions during week two without remembering that there are back to back passengers.  This is an easy opportunity to win a keychain or a highlighter.

23. Disembarkation was slow and behind schedule.  SAS Transportation (ridesas.com) provided their customary fine service between the Miami cruise port and the Ft. Lauderdale airport and hotels.

24. Once again, I do not know what has changed onboard since the arrival of Omicron.

Any questions?

• Like 3

We are on the Oasis now and according to the C&A person there are 2952 passengers on board minus the ones we left behind in Nassau. Other than having to wear masks except when outdoors or eating and drinking not too much different. The shows are very limited with only one cats show and two or three aqua shows. 

I will say the ship seems deserted at times though but the pool has the normal crowds maybe a few more people in the hot tub. 

We having a great time inspite of the protocols.

Also you do leave the mask off while eating and drinking.

Edited by Karter
Error
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Karter said:

We are on the Oasis now and according to the C&A person there are 2952 passengers on board minus the ones we left behind in Nassau. Other than having to wear masks except when outdoors or eating and drinking not too much different. The shows are very limited with only one cats show and two or three aqua shows. 

I will say the ship seems deserted at times though but the pool has the normal crowds maybe a few more people in the hot tub. 

Thank you so much for the great information!

1 hour ago, Karter said:

Thanks for all the great information!  

23 hours ago, Stuart Suss said:

I was a passenger on Oasis for a back to back in December, prior to the arrival of Omicron.  Here are some comments...

Thank you for this great summary. Will be on Oasis soon.

We were on the Oasis the week before Christmas.  Enjoyable trip.  I think the passenger count was about 3600.  We are Diamond so we cruise quite frequently with Royal.  There were differences that we noticed compared to pre-COVID cruises.  It was nice to have the buffet open for dinner as an option.  We found that they did not seat us with other people in the MDR so dinners for the 2 of us were half the time as pre-COVID.  That left us with being done with dinner around 7:30.  The vaccinated shows typically started closer to 10 and we found no real entertainment between dinner being done and the main show.  Usually we would go to the Schooner Bar, the pub or somewhere to listen to some music between dinner and the show.  That really wasn't an option so we found finding something to do between was a bit challenging.  Someone in the band at Boleros go sick so that music was lacking as well.  Otherwise, it was nice getting away and getting on a ship.  Spent a lot of time at the pool.   Not complaining but definitely noticed a difference.  Our cruise was before Omicron hit so our experience may not be the same as someone currently sailing.

The Covid tests on the last full day of the cruise were for the passengers who were continuing on the ship the next week.  It was the substitute for the tests that newly boarding passengers were required to take in the 48 hours prior to boarding.  Therefore, they were mandatory tests.

• Like 3

On 1/8/2022 at 1:41 PM, Stuart Suss said:

I was a passenger on Oasis for a back to back in December, prior to the arrival of Omicron.  Here are some comments.

1. The ice show is excellent. I attended twice, even though the performances were identical.

2. The water show is nice.  The music is very loud and a member of the cruise director's staff confided to a group of us that the music volume was troublesome to some passengers staying in staterooms overlooking the boardwalk.

3. Cats is polarizing.  Some began walking out after 10 minutes; others loved it.  

4. I attended shows without making any advance reservations.

5. I enjoyed the Solarium for relaxing on sea days.  There is a choice between sunshine and shade.  No guests under the age of 16 are permitted.  It was peaceful and quiet.

6. The Solarium and the Park Cafe are good alternatives to the Windjammer for breakfast.  The Solarium has more food choices.

7. The Kummelweck sandwich at the Park Cafe seemed to deteriorate in quality as the voyage went on.  I don't know if they changed the quality of the beef.

8. I had all my dinners in the main dining room. I thought the food and service were fine.  

9. In the main dining room,  ask for the "secret" menu items, savory bites (grape sized kaiser rolls with poppy seeds) and chilled fruit soups.

10. I rode the free Coral Way Trolley from my Coral Gables hotel onto Dodge Island.  Six other passengers joined us on Biscayne Boulevard at Bayside Marketplace.  It is a 20 minute walk, rolling your suitcase, from the closest trolley stop to Terminal A, where the Oasis docks.

11 There were 3870 passengers for the first week, and 3860 passengers for the second week.  205 passengers (5%) were back to back for both weeks.  I do not know if Royal has reduced the numbers in response to Omicron.

12. With only 3870 passengers and no other ship present, it was not crowded at Coco Cay.  I enjoyed the Coco Cay Waterpark Slides for the Black Friday sale price of $44.  I would not pay more than that. During the second week's visit to Coco Cay, I spent my time in and around the lagoon. 

13. On Coco Cay, the crispy chicken sandwich at the Shack is excellent.

14. Onboard water slides and Ultimate Abyss were nice, and free (but not as exciting as the water slides on Coco Cay).  

15. If you are a back to back cruiser, please be sure that the front desk knows of your status.

16. On the final day of the first week, we were given free Covid tests in the afternoon.  They promised to email the results to us by 7:30 pm.  I asked the staff how I would be able to access my test results sent via email since I had not purchased their zillion dollars per day internet package. They were unprepared to deal with that scenario.  They promised to slide the results under my stateroom door.

17. When I had not received the Covid test results by late Saturday night, I asked at the front desk.  Their response was to tell me that I must have had a favorable Covid test result since nobody had arrived to take me into custody.  When I asked how I was to provide documentation of my Covid-free test result, they told me not to worry, that no documentation was needed, that it was all in my records.

18. On Sunday, the back to back passengers were all gathered at 9:00 am in the main dining room where we were served juice and pastries.  I am told that the gathering location is usually the theater.  Once they had reached "zero count" (everyone except us was off the ship except for us), we were marched off the ship (surrendering our week 1 cruise card), marched into the terminal, perfunctorily marched through customs, waited for 10 minutes at which time we were given our week 2 cruise card, and marched back onto the ship.  Our week 1 cruise cards were returned to us by delivery to the stateroom a few days into the second week's voyage.

19. I did not change staterooms between voyages.  I do not know how the process worked for those passengers who did change staterooms.  Although I kept the same stateroom, Royal changed my stateroom attendant for the second week.

20. Because of the quadruple loyalty points I received for the first voyage, I moved up one loyalty class for the second voyage.  My week 2 cruise card did not show the change in loyalty class because the week 2 cruise card was printed prior to my account having been credited with the points from the week 1 voyage.  That necessitated a visit to the Crown and Anchor office which updated my records and placed a sticker with my new status on my week 2 cruise card.

21. At Roatan Island, Honduras, I received a very good tour from a company called Rony's Tours and a guide/driver named Arnold.  I visited the monkeys and sloths at Manawakie Park and I enjoyed that visit.

22. If you attend trivia contests, they twice used week one's questions during week two without remembering that there are back to back passengers.  This is an easy opportunity to win a keychain or a highlighter.

23. Disembarkation was slow and behind schedule.  SAS Transportation (ridesas.com) provided their customary fine service between the Miami cruise port and the Ft. Lauderdale airport and hotels.

24. Once again, I do not know what has changed onboard since the arrival of Omicron.

Any questions?

Nope 1-24 pretty much handled everything