HAL Flag Wavers

formercruisestaff

I was wondering if any of you out there were part of the numerous Holland America flag wavers I spot every time we're in port in Ft. Lauderdale. There must be at least 15 different apartments and condos with flag wavers when we pull out of port every 10 days.

Just wanted to say thanks - it looks great!!!

I was wondering if any of you out there were part of the numerous Holland America flag wavers I spot every time we're in port in Ft. Lauderdale. There must be at least 15 different apartments and condos with flag wavers when we pull out of port every 10 days.

Just wanted to say thanks - it looks great!!!

Agree 100% That's always one of the highlights in sailing out of Port Everglades! Those folks with the flags, bells and even a siren are great! I just want to know where they get those HAL house flags from? Anybody know?

we have (had) relatives that live (lived) in a penthouse in one of the high rises right next to the cut leading to the ocean--i know they had a telescope to view the passing of ships and that they also had an air horn that they would sound ---but i dont know about flags

Years ago one of the house owners on the cut had a BIG whistle but it disappreared some time back. When the old Westerdam did her first sailing out of FLL after she had been stretched the captain was new to the port and did'nt sound his whistle and received alot of flack in the local press for the slight. ---- Next cruise he leaned on whistle to make up with the locals.

One of the hotel managers on a Vista Ship told me that the people in those condos have flags for all the ships and wave the appropriate one [HAL, Carnival, etc.] when a ship passes by.

It's one of the exciting parts about heading out of port!

Flags are mostly made in NJ . Annin Flag Company is one of the Worlds largest and is able to make any flag you desire too.

This being President General George Washingtons Birthday now .. do you remeber the US President that went to the Flag factory.. it was in New Jersey here as President Washington spent many winters with his troops too here...:)

Yes size does matter *S* in Flags and Presidents...:cool:

Archived