Review of my cruise Emerald Princess 12/29/21 - 1/8/22 Cabin C750 Princess Plus Package

mattswiss

Here is my honest opinion and experience on the Emerald Princess:

First my husband and I are Elite Princess cruisers, so I have quite a few cruises under my belt. 
The ship carried 1300 pax, so not even half full. 
The service was absolutely fabulous. Embarkation was good. Hence the ship was 3 hours late there was a bit of a backup, but the crew kept everything rolling. Our suite steward was incredible! The room, hey, the whole ship was spotless. We did not notice any smoke in the aft suite. Sabatinis Crew, breakfast as great as always. So many staff around, we had almost to shoo them away. Lol 

We ate twice in the Crown Grill and once in Sabatinis. All 3 dinners outstanding. The Club class dining room is good. I wish they would let suite customers eat in the speciality Restaurants all the time. It would make the suite experience so much more exclusive. 
Everybody wears masks while moving, but as soon as you sit down, no masks.

Cleaning goes on everywhere, so the passengers feel very safe. 

The Medaillon is great. We used it many times to order drinks and food in the room. FYI cocktails or any drinks covered by the package will be delivered free of charge to the room. You have to order it on the Medaillon, NOT from room Service. That’s the trick.

my last words:  Don’t be afraid to cruise. We felt very safe and did not hear of any COVID on the ship. We took a rapid antigen test at CVS 2 days before and that’s it! 
I would go tomorrow again. Thank you Princess for giving us 10 days of bliss and fun.

please feel free to ask me any question you might have.

• Like 5

We were on the same cruise and enjoyed it.

The negatives: buffet was subpar for lunch and dinner, particularly desserts. Entertainment was weak. Mainly 1 or 2 person entertainment groups. There was 1 ensemble. I did enjoy the magician. Lots of trivia.

We were not allowed into Jamaica. P then scheduled P Cayes but Bahamas refused entry. No information if the problem was Covid on the ship or on the islands. Good compliance with masking and washing hands.

The good: very good service; no problem getting a table for 2. Food was good in the Main Dining Room, though the 1 time I tried the fish it was very dry (sent it back and switched entree; no problem). Great cabin steward. Got a free upgrade from interior cabin to balcony, though it took a day+ to happen. (The chaos from late boarding/departure may have slowed Guest Services,)

Edited by patrickmoran
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, patrickmoran said:

We were on the same cruise and enjoyed it.

The negatives: buffet was subpar for lunch and dinner, particularly desserts. Entertainment was weak. Mainly 1 or 2 person entertainment groups. There was 1 ensemble. I did enjoy the magician. Lots of trivia.

We were not allowed into Jamaica. P then scheduled P Cayes but Bahamas refused entry. No information if the problem was Covid on the ship or on the islands. Good compliance with masking and washing hands.

The good: very good service; no problem getting a table for 2. Food was good in the Main Dining Room, though the 1 time I tried the fish it was very dry (sent it back and switched entree; no problem). Great cabin steward. Got a free upgrade from interior cabin to balcony, though it took a day+ to happen. (The chaos from late boarding/departure may have slowed Guest Services,)

The Bahamas are currently requiring PCR tests to enter. I don’t think the ship would be prepared for that

We were also on this cruise, and I would parrot what MattSwiss said. Service was amazing, the medallion was a huge upgrade to the quality and ease of service cruising on Princess. Our stateroom steward went above and beyond. We felt safe the whole time, had a great time, somewhat diminished by concern about Covid. We were religious about masking except when eating, and probably spent more time in our cabin (Club Class Mini-Suite, well worth the upgrade) than on earlier cruises, and did fewer shore excursions (our third time on this itinerary, so not much new to see). New internet service is amazing, I was able to do a multi-hour zoom call with no hiccups. Club Class dining provided exceptional service, as did speciality restaurants. Ship was impeccable, rigorously cleaned. Overall risk picture is better than anywhere else you can travel right now. Very low positivity rate compared to embarkation state. Glad to be cruising again. Something good to be said about 35% occupancy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

Got a free upgrade from interior cabin to balcony, though it took a day+ to happen.  

such great news, stopped at guest services as we boarded today, and they said they would contact us tomorrow. currently in an interior room, not unpacking our bags.😎

Jim

39 minutes ago, jeanandjim said:

such great news, stopped at guest services as we boarded today, and they said they would contact us tomorrow. currently in an interior room, not unpacking our bags.😎

Jim

Be sure to keep stopping by Guest Services. An upgrade was assigned but we were not contacted. We stopped by on the way to dinner and lo and behold we get balcony cabin.