My Mom's birth certificate just says 'Baby Girl' for her first name. Is that going to be acceptable?

10 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

You need a BC to get a passport.  Don't think this one will work.

Good point. 

I remember my step-father had no bc at all.  Instead, he had a letter written by the midwife who delivered him at home (in 1919).  He had to get that letter notarized and show other proof of identity, like school records, driver's license, etc. to get it notarized.  From then on, it was accepted.  He did this so he could enlist during WWII.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and thoughts.  The birth certificate is not acceptable for boarding per Royal Caribbean.  It also won't work for a Passport.  An amendment is the only option.  Our state is in the process of changing their records system and an amendment will not occur before our sail date.  So, we'll have to revise our plans.  I'm just so so thankful that my Mom mentioned it to me just as an aside and we didn't discover all of this when we were in line to board!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ncbookworm said:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and thoughts.  The birth certificate is not acceptable for boarding per Royal Caribbean.  It also won't work for a Passport.  An amendment is the only option.  Our state is in the process of changing their records system and an amendment will not occur before our sail date.  So, we'll have to revise our plans.  I'm just so so thankful that my Mom mentioned it to me just as an aside and we didn't discover all of this when we were in line to board!

Thanks for the update.  Yes, you are so fortunate to find out in time to make adjustments to your cruise.  Good luck with future plans!