Bong or Bing

Serious topic here ….

Our last cruise was in Summer 2019. We’re hoping to be on Wonder during this Summer. My wife and I were talking about hearing that first swipe of the sea pass as you board. However, I think it’s a bong and she saying it’s bing. Anyone able to settle this?? 😎

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Two years since I've heard that - WAY too long.

That is a long time.  Hope you get to sail soon.  I'm headed on a short one Friday and did three between Oct and Dec.  I love that sound too!

12 minutes ago, AK2CA said:

Hope you get to sail soon

Well, we're scheduled for one in March and another in May - so will make a decision on both as we get closer. See how things play out. I miss it, but perhaps not enough to jump back in under current conditions. We had one canceled that was absolutely heartbreaking to lose that would have been January '21 - complimentary non-public sailing onboard a brand new Viking ship courtesy of the CEO of Viking....long story. Cruise would have started in Rome, ended in Barcelona, then B2B around the Iberian peninsula and ending in Tilbury (London)...all complimentary. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

The cruise I took in November on the Harmony, you just held your set sail pass to the screen. No one other than me touched it.  No sound at all, not even when I first entered the ship on embarkation day.  Missed the bing or bong but glad to be on a ship.

3 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Well, we're scheduled for one in March and another in May - so will make a decision on both as we get closer.

I understand.  I was really on the fence with the one coming up this Friday.  I take all the precautions, wear my mask (double layered surgical masks) properly ALL the time except when eating/drinking, sanitize my hands all the time and still caught Covid last year during a cruise. I might order more room service this time and sit on my balcony listening to the ocean.

Your cancelled trips sound like they would have been amazing. 

1 hour ago, djyellowsub said:

No sound at all, not even when I first entered the ship on embarkation day. 

Nah..just not the same!

1 hour ago, AK2CA said:

I take all the precautions, wear my mask (double layered surgical masks) properly ALL the time except when eating/drinking, sanitize my hands all the time and still caught Covid last year during a cruise.

So sorry you caught covid. Hope it all resolved well. We, too, will do the same relative to the precautions except when eating.