NCL Please Modify Your Peace of Mind Policy-NOW!

chas

7 hours ago, chas said:

At that time we used their Peace of mind policy to postpone and take the future cruise credit (we paid cash for the cruise but did not have cancellation insurance). Shortly thereafter our cruise was cancelled by NCL. Because we pulled the plug first FCC was the only thing available. Okay, no problem.

The only peace of mind available is to use a credit card and get your cash back if/when the merchant fails to deliver what you paid for.  It baffles me how many fell for that 25% "bonus" fcc back at the dawn of Covid.  Many are paying the price now.  Hopefully they learned something.

• Like 1

Dear NCL,

Your policy needs to be changed to one that benefits me and my situation. Why can't you understand that this is the only FAIR thing for you to do?

I've talked to everyone about this and they all agree with me.

Thank you,

Righteously Aggrieved

I canceled our 1/23/2022 Breakaway cruise on January 3 using the Peace of Mind policy.  Today I received notification of my full FCC plus CruiseFirst certificate being in my account.  The email states the FCC is good for one year from the date of issue, which I assume is today, and is applicable to "all published sailings through May 31, 2023."  This is different than I expected.  Better, but different.  Is everyone else getting the same info?

Edited by ablodget2
misspelling

Just now, ablodget2 said:

I canceled our 1/23/2022 Breakaway cruise on January 3 using the Peace of Mind policy.  Today I received notification of my full FCC plus CruiseFirst certificate being in y account.  The email states the FCC is good for one year from the date os issue, which I assume is today, and is applicable to "all published sailings through May 31, 2023."  This is different than I expected.  Better, but different.  Is everyone else getting the same info?

Wow!!!!!! This is huge news if this holds true. 

9 hours ago, Trimone said:

Problem with all this nobody knows what the future holds, i believe all vouchers should be open ended, this is fair

Not to mention the many CruiseNext certificates that many people have that will expire.  I guess they should be renamed  CruiseNyet

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ablodget2 said:

I canceled our 1/23/2022 Breakaway cruise on January 3 using the Peace of Mind policy.  Today I received notification of my full FCC plus CruiseFirst certificate being in my account.  The email states the FCC is good for one year from the date of issue, which I assume is today, and is applicable to "all published sailings through May 31, 2023."  This is different than I expected.  Better, but different.  Is everyone else getting the same info?

How did you pay for this cruise? Did you use FCC from a previous canceled cruise or did you pay money?

1 hour ago, ablodget2 said:

We cancelled our 1/23/22 Encore cruise on January 6 using Peace of Mind Policy.  I also received our email FCC confirmation this evening.  It states... "These future credits are valid for one year from the date of issue and applicable to all published sailings through May 31, 2023."  We have all ready rebooked same cruise for March 20, 2022 and I was able to get the exact Aft Facing Penthouse as previously reserved.  Now just want Omicron to be in the rear-view mirror!!

Edited by crimsnlady
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ablodget2 said:

Wonderful  news. Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, mpk said:

Not to mention the many CruiseNext certificates that many people have that will expire.  I guess they should be renamed  CruiseNyet

My husband and I have been calling the four we have our "CruiseNever" Certificates since about November.  Ready to just put them in the loss column.  Prices for the cruises we are interested in later in the year are up about 30-40%.  

As others have said, the December 2022 thing that people seem to be upset about isn't true.

I should be on the Bliss right now but had to cancel. Got my FCC yesterday, and have one year to book a cruise, and it can be anything that sails through the end of May 2023.

18 minutes ago, kpjb said:

As others have said, the December 2022 thing that people seem to be upset about isn't true.

It was true as of 2 days ago when the cruise consultant from NCL, that I have been dealing with for several years, responded to my email: "Anyone choosing to cancel will receive a full refund in the form of a future cruise credit to be used for sailings that embark through December 31, 2022".

So, apparently things have changed? That would be great. Have they published the change in policy and have they changed the cancellation date from January 31, 2022?

6 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Was anybody forced to buy those?  I certainly haven't been...

No, but we did pay for them. If a company sells me something and then can’t provide what I paid for, I expect them them to make me as the consumer “whole”.  The pandemic was certainly unseen. A simple extension of certs that expire during this time to give us the full four years to use them would go a long way. I’d even take the value I paid for them at this point. I’ve had them applied to multiple bookings now that never sailed. 

It makes no sense to me from a business perspective. They extend and I use them to book another cruise and give them more money. They refuse and the customer feels ripped off and goes elsewhere. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, vacruizer said:

No, but we did pay for them. If a company sells me something and then can’t provide what I paid for, I expect them them to make me as the consumer “whole”.  The pandemic was certainly unseen. A simple extension of certs that expire during this time to give us the full four years to use them would go a long way. I’d even take the value I paid for them at this point. I’ve had them applied to multiple bookings now that never sailed. 

It makes no sense to me from a business perspective. They extend and I use them to book another cruise and give them more money. They refuse and the customer feels ripped off and goes elsewhere. 

Are you saying that they did not extend the Certifiacate at least the one year cruising was shut down ?....if thats the case, that is totally wrong

1 hour ago, kpjb said:

I should be on the Bliss right now but had to cancel. Got my FCC yesterday, and have one year to book a cruise, and it can be anything that sails through the end of May 2023.

Thank you for the confirmation.

1 hour ago, kpjb said:

Whether it is what NCL is doing or not, I don't know.  But I went and checked their website last night after reading several folks claiming they had until May 2023 to use the FCC and it still says book and embark by 12/31/22.  It still says the same thing.  See for yourself:  https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence.  So, several folks have claimed they are getting FCCs with embarkation deadlines of May 2023, and I don't think they're lying, but I also don't know if they have special circumstances they haven't mentioned. Meanwhile, NCL's website says 12/31/22.  There is simply enough confusion out there that no one can say what is generally "true."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kpjb said:

Got my FCC yesterday, and have one year to book a cruise, and it can be anything that sails through the end of May 2023.

I got the same e-mail, but when I tried to use it on a Jan. 2023 cruise, I was told Dec. 31, 2022 was the expiration.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jlseymour3 said:

Whether it is what NCL is doing or not, I don't know.  But I went and checked their website last night after reading several folks claiming they had until May 2023 to use the FCC and it still says book and embark by 12/31/22.  It still says the same thing.  See for yourself:  https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence.  So, several folks have claimed they are getting FCCs with embarkation deadlines of May 2023, and I don't think they're lying, but I also don't know if they have special circumstances they haven't mentioned. Meanwhile, NCL's website says 12/31/22.  There is simply enough confusion out there that no one can say what is generally "true."

It might be that their cruise was not one that was cancelled by NCL after they cancelled. Just a thought

Interested what folks think about this: we booked a cruise on the NCL Joy for January 2021, and it was cancelled due to COVID (by NCL, not us, BTW). We got a 10% coupon for a future cruise, which we used to book a cruise in Japan on the NCL Sun. Now THAT cruise has been cancelled by NCL, too. We got our 10% coupon back, but it has to be used by the end of May 2022, i.e. about 4 1/2 months from now. It isn't a lot of money, to be honest, but for me it's the principle of the thing. I think if the cruise line decides to cancel, it ought to extend the validity of any certificates or coupons associated with the booking. OTOH, NCL seems to have jacked up many prices, so (as hard as it may seem to believe) we're considering Azamara or Celebrity for a replacement cruise, and their prices are actually lower than NCL's. We'll still cruise with NCL again, of course, but probably not this spring or summer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beer Belly said:

Are you saying that they did not extend the Certifiacate at least the one year cruising was shut down ?....if thats the case, that is totally wrong

They extended the ones that expired in 2021. Mine expires this month and NCL declined my extension request. They even told me that if they cancel my 1/29 sailing I just lose the value of the certificates for good. Certainly doesn’t make me feel like they want want my business. 

• Like 1

I think the difference in the book by date of 12/31/22 and 5/31/23 date may be how someone paid for the booking. If you paid cash and cancel, you receive the later expiration. If you used FCC to book and now you cancel, it's still the 12/31/22 sail by date.

13 minutes ago, kuku77254 said:

I think the difference in the book by date of 12/31/22 and 5/31/23 date may be how someone paid for the booking. If you paid cash and cancel, you receive the later expiration. If you used FCC to book and now you cancel, it's still the 12/31/22 sail by date.

This is interesting.  My email also says that the FCC is good for any cruise through May 31, 2022.  I paid cash for the cruise originally.  Another twist though - in my online account, it says that I have FCC good until 1/12/22.  So weird.

I'm going to call today and see if I can move my December cruise to February 2023 and see if they let me apply the FCC.