Visiting Amalfi area

Hawaiidan

On 1/14/2022 at 6:37 PM, CintiPam said:

The last time we actually tendered into Amalfi, six of us prearranged a charter of a small motorized boat with a captain and cruised up the coast with magnificent views up and then crossed to Capri, where our captain took us for a short sea tour around much of the island, including to the not famous grotto, docked for us to visit Capri for most of the day (five hours?),  then returned us to Amalfi.

BTW, we had done the famous drive on our first visit to this area on a private van tour from Sorrento organized by Oceania enthusiast and then frequent poster Jim (of StanandJim.) We had a magnificent lunch in Pantone (above Amalfi) on the way back from Ravello. As is said in my tradition, may Jim’s memory be for a blessing.

My Guide Carmine, has already made reservations for my custom tour.....    Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

My Guide Carmine, has already made reservations for my custom tour.....    Thanks

If Rick Steves recommends someone, you know it will be terrific! Enjoy your day.

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

We enjoyed 2 marvelous days with Carmine several years ago - have a wonderful excursion!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2022 at 8:28 PM, cruiserchuck said:

We did private tours twice with Carmine from See Amalfi Coast.  https://viaseeamalficoast.com

The tours were great.

Thanks for this - I’ve just booked his secret tour. My only concern is getting back to the ship on time. We leave at 18:30 (Naples port) should I be worried? 

Edited by SESUK

11 hours ago, SESUK said:

Thanks for this - I’ve just booked his secret tour. My only concern is getting back to the ship on time. We leave at 18:30 (Naples port) should I be worried? 

Usually the guides  are aware of the time they need to get you back to the ship ontime 

Traffic etc..can be an issue so they usually are intouch with port authorities 

I would confirm there is time to do the tour & be back by 1730 hours

JMO